LTE has predominantly been considered a supplementary mobile broadband technology in the public safety sector, to provide high-bandwidth data applications that cannot be delivered over existing narrowband LMR (Land Mobile Radio) systems.
The latest industry research report on Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband by MRC provides a thorough analysis of the Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband market. The report scrutinizes the market by different segments including regions, applications, competitive landscape, etc.
over the predicted time frame. This report provides 360 Degree perspective of the Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband industry with an all-inclusive discussion of definitions, classifications, and market players in the industry chain structure. It features qualitative and quantitative analysis of the industry taking into consideration the significant development factors, competition in the market, and important reasons impacting the market growth.
Public safety LTE infrastructure a $800 Million opportunity
However, with the standardization of capabilities such as MCPTT (Mission-Critical PTT) by the 3GPP, LTE is increasingly being viewed as an all-inclusive critical communications platform for the delivery of multiple mission-critical services ranging from PTT group communications to real-time video surveillance.A number of dedicated public safety LTE networks are already operational across the globe, ranging from nationwide systems in the oil-rich GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region to citywide networks in Spain, China, Pakistan, Laos and Kenya. Among other notable engagements, several "early builder" networks are operational in the United States that will subsequently merge with the wider FirstNet nationwide system; early pilot LTE networks for the Sate-Net program are in the process of being commercialized in South Korea; and Canada is beginning to see its first dedicated LTE network deployments, starting with the Halton Regional Police Service.
Access sample copy of this report @ marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/563732
However, the use of LTE in the public safety sector is not restricted to dedicated networks alone. For example, the United Kingdom Home Office is in the process of deploying an ESN (Emergency Services Network) that will use British mobile operator EEs commercial LTE RAN and a dedicated mobile core to eventually replace the country's existing nationwide TETRA system.
The secure MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) model is already being used in multiple European countries, albeit at a smaller scale to complement existing TETRA networks with broadband capabilities. In addition, this approach also beginning to gain traction in other parts of the world, such as Mexico.Driven by demand for both dedicated and secure MVNO networks, Research estimates that annual investments in public safety LTE infrastructure will surpass $800 Million by the end of 2017, supporting ongoing deployments in multiple frequency bands across the 400/450 MHz, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, and higher frequency ranges.
The market which includes base stations (eNBs), mobile core and transport network equipment is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 45% over the next three years. By 2020, these infrastructure investments will be complemented by up to 3.8 Million LTE device shipments, ranging from smartphones and ruggedized handheld terminals to vehicular routers and IoT modules.
The Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market: 2017 2030 Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts report presents an in-depth assessment of the global public safety LTE market, besides touching upon the wider LMR and mobile broadband industries. In addition to covering the business case, market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, applications, key trends, standardization, spectrum availability/allocation, regulatory landscape, deployment case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies for public safety LTE, the report presents comprehensive forecasts for mobile broadband, LMR, and public safety LTE subscriptions from 2017 till 2030.
Also covered are unit shipment and revenue forecasts for public safety LTE infrastructure, devices, integration services and management solutions. In addition, the report tracks public safety LTE service revenues, over both private and commercial networks.
Access Report @ marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/563732
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report, as well as a list and associated details of over 190 global public safety LTE engagements as of Q42017.Topics Covered
The report covers the following topics:
- Business case for public safety LTE and mobile broadband including market drivers, barriers, deployment models, economics, and funding strategies
- LTE network architecture and key elements comprising devices, RAN, mobile core (EPC, policy and application functions), and transport networks
- Key enabling technologies including group communications, MCPTT, ProSe (Proximity Services), IOPS (Isolated E-UTRAN operation for Public Safety), deployable LTE systems, HPUE (High-Power User Equipment), QPP (QoS, Priority & Preemption), and end-to-end security
- Public safety LTE application usage including mission-critical voice, mobile video, situational awareness, aerial surveillance, bandwidth-intensive field data applications, and emerging applications such as AR (Augmented Reality)
- Case studies of over 20 public safety LTE engagements worldwide, and analysis of large-scale nationwide projects including FirstNet in the United States, ESN in the United Kingdom, and Safe-Net in South Korea
- Opportunities for commercial mobile operators including spectrum leasing, priority service offerings, BYON (Build Your Own Network) platforms, and operator-branded public safety LTE platforms
- Spectrum availability and allocation for public safety LTE across the global, regional and national regulatory domains
- Standardization, regulatory and collaborative initiatives
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 570 ecosystem players including LTE infrastructure & device OEMs, public safety system integrators, and application specialists
- Exclusive interview transcripts from 11 ecosystem players across the public safety LTE value chain: DSB (Directorate for Civil Protection, Norway), Ericsson, Airbus Defence and Space, Harris Corporation, CND (Core Network Dynamics), Bittium, Sepura, Sierra Wireless, Sonim Technologies, Kodiak Networks, and Soliton Systems
- Strategic recommendations for LMR equipment suppliers, public safety system integrators, LTE infrastructure, device & chipset suppliers, public safety agencies & stakeholders, and commercial & private mobile operators
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2017 till 2030Forecast Segmentation
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:Public Safety LTE Infrastructure
- RAN (Radio Access Network)
- Mobile Core (EPC, Policy & Application Functions)
- Mobile Backhaul & Transport RAN Base Station (eNB) Mobility Categories
- Fixed Base Stations
- Deployable Base StationsRAN Base Station (eNB) Cell Size Categories
- Small CellsDeployable RAN Base Station (eNB) Form Factor Categories
- NIB (Network-in-a-Box)
- Vehicular Platforms
- Airborne Platforms
- Maritime PlatformsMobile Backhaul & Transport Network Technology Categories
- Fiber & Wireline
- SatellitePublic Safety LTE Management & Integration Solutions
- Network Integration & Testing
- Device Management & User Services
- Managed Services, Operations & Maintenance
- CybersecurityPublic Safety LTE Devices
- Private LTE
- Commercial LTEForm Factor Categories
- Smartphones & Handportable Terminals
- Vehicle-Mounted Routers & Terminals
- Stationary CPEs
- Tablets & Notebook PCs
- USB Dongles, Embedded IoT Modules & OthersPublic Safety LTE Subscriptions & Service Revenue
- Private LTE
- Commercial LTEPublic Safety Broadband over Private Mobile Networks
- Private LTE
- Private WiMAXPublic Safety Broadband Subscriptions over Commercial Mobile Networks
- LTEMobile Broadband Subscriptions
- 5G NR (New Radio)LMR Subscriptions
- dPMR, NXDN & PDT
- OthersLMR Narrowband Data Subscriptions
- P25 - Phase 1
- P25 - Phase 2
- OthersPublic Safety LTE Applications
- Mission-Critical HD Voice & Group Communications
- Video & High-Resolution Imagery
- Messaging & Presence Services
- Secure Mobile Broadband Access
- Location Services & Mapping
- Enhanced CAD (Computer Aided Dispatching)
- Situational Awareness
- Telemetry, Control and Remote Diagnostics
- AR (Augmented Reality) & Emerging ApplicationsRegional Segmentation
The following regional markets are covered:
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Report Details @ marketreportscenter.com/reports/56…ategies-forecasts
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the public safety LTE opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the market evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which regions and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- How does standardization impact the adoption of LTE for public safety?
- What is the status of dedicated public safety LTE networks and secure MVNO offerings across the globe?
- When will the public safety sector witness the large-scale commercialization of key enabling technologies such as MCPTT, ProSe, IOPS, and HPUE?
- What opportunities exist for commercial LTE service providers and private LMR network operators?
- What are the prospects of NIB (Network-in-a-Box), vehicular, airborne and maritime deployable LTE platforms?
- Is there a substantial market opportunity for public safety LTE networks operating in Band 31 (450 MHz), and newer frequency bands such as Bands 68 and 72?
- How can public safety stakeholders leverage unused spectrum capacity to ensure the economic viability of dedicated LTE networks?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- What strategies should system integrators, vendors, and mobile operators adopt to remain competitive?Key Findings
The report has the following key findings:
- Research estimates that annual investments in public safety LTE infrastructure will surpass $800 Million by the end of 2017. The market which includes base stations (eNBs), mobile core and transport network equipment is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 45% over the next three years.
- By 2020, these infrastructure investments will be complemented by up to 3.8 Million LTE device shipments, ranging from smartphones and ruggedized handheld terminals to vehicular routers and IoT modules.
- A number of dedicated public safety LTE networks are already operational across the globe, ranging from nationwide systems in the oil-rich GCC region to citywide networks in Spain, China, Pakistan, Laos and Kenya.
- At present, more than 45% of all public safety LTE engagements including in-service, planned, pilot, and demo networks utilize spectrum in the 700 MHz range, primarily Bands 14 and 28.
- Due to the unavailability of ProSe-capable chipsets and devices, several public safety stakeholders including the United Kingdom Home Office are considering the continued use of LMR terminals to support direct-mode operation, as they migrate to LTE networks.
- The wider critical communications industry is continuing to consolidate with several prominent M&A deals such as Motorola Solutions' recent acquisition of carrier-integrated PTT-over-cellular platform provider Kodiak Networks, and Hytera Communications' takeover of the Sepura Group a well known provider of TETRA, DMR, P25 and LTE systems.
The research report focuses on the analysis of its major geographies, and different segments. This all-inclusive study discusses the current market development and trends, important factors driving market growth like drivers, restraints, market projections, and market structure for each region and its sub-segments.
It also provides glimpses on the recent technological advancements in the market along with detailed profiles of key industry players. The report also includes an analysis of the micro and macro aspects noteworthy for the present active and the new entities apart from the study of the value chain.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Comprehensive overview of parent market with market definition, classification
- Recognition of factors influencing the market scenarios and analysis of market drivers, barriers, and their impact on the market growth
- Current and future market trends, market scope and detailed market segmentation on the basis of application, region, and competitive scenario
- Value Chain Analysis, Strategic insights, and market estimations
- Technology, trends, developments, and changing market dynamics of the Cannabis Testing industry
- Facts, stats, historical data, market size forecast regarding volume and value
- Analysis of competitive landscape and assessments on a regional scale with company profiles of leading market players, finance metrics, product offerings and key business strategies and growth prospects for the projected period
- Insights on prospective opportunities and challenges, success and risk
The report brings to your attention analysis of the Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband market in major geographies including North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. This research report provides a complete insight of the market trends and guides in making informed business decisions.
It gives a clear understanding of the competitive environment, key market players, their portfolio, and strategies. It also features a technological growth map over a time and helps understand its impact on the market.
The research report takes different facets into consideration to scrutinize the Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband industry. It brings to your attention market overview, market trends and future outlook, market growth and dynamics, market challenges and opportunities, competitive landscape, and potential investment segment.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. We are dedicated to create a comprehensive offering of market research which is accurate, credible and affordable. Market Reports Center currently has more than 1,20,000 plus titles and 30+ Publishers on our platform and growing consistently. We cover more than 35 industry verticals ...
For more information: