Automotive Interior Materials Market by Type (Plastics, Metals, Fabrics, Leather, Composites, and Others) and Vehicle (Passenger, LCV, and HCV) - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014-2022
- Advertising -
The global automotive interior materials market was valued at $77,553 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $124,469 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 6.9% from 2016 to 2022. Automotive interior materials are manufactured from a varied array of resources, such as plastics, metals, and fabrics.
Automobiles in the twenty-first century feature radically improved safety and sustainability attributes. Global emphasis is being placed on greenhouse gas reduction and fuel efficiency improvement in the transportation sector.
- Advertising -
To achieve lightweight architectures, without compromising on rigidity, automakers are performing R&D activities to replace steel with plastics, composites, foams, aluminum, and magnesium.
Demand for eco-friendly materials, especially from emerging countries, and strict fuel economy norms drive the growth of the automotive interior materials market. The recycling and recovery of end-of-life vehicles, which involves recovery targets of 85%, drive the automotive industry to adopt lightweight materials to meet these recovery targets.
However, high cost of pure leather due to demand–supply gap is expected to restrict the market growth in future. Technological developments in production processes of automotive interior materials are expected to reduce cost of production and lead to superior sustainability, leading to improvement in performance efficiency.
The global automotive interior materials market is segmented based on type, vehicle, and geography. The type segment is classified into plastics, metals, fabrics, leather, composites, and others.
Plastics are further segmented into polypropylene (PP), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polycarbonate (PC), and others, whereas metals include steel, aluminum, and others. Genuine and synthetic leather constitute the leather segment.
Composites are bifurcated into glass fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP) and carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP), while glass, wood, and rubber are some of the other materials utilized. Based on vehicle type, the market is divided into passenger, light commercial vehicle (LCV), and heavy commercial vehicle (HCV).
By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
In 2015, it occupied the largest market share, followed by North America, due to major growth in the automotive industry for a decade. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market by 2022, witnessing substantial growth in widely populated countries such as India, China, and Indonesia.
The prominent players in the global automotive interior materials market have strategically focused on product launches as their key strategy to gain significant market share.
The key players profiled in the report are as follows:
- BASF SE
- Benecke-Kaliko AG
- Borgers SE & Co. KGaA
- Dow Chemical Company
- DK-Schweizer Co., Ltd.
- Eagle Ottawa LLC
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
- Faurecia Automotive GmBh.
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Katzkin Leather, Inc.
- Lear Corporation
- Sage Automotive Interiors, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the automotive interior materials market.
- In-depth analysis of automotive interior materials market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2014 and 2022 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of automotive interior materials) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Global automotive interior materials industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Automotive interior materials industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Automotive interior materials market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps in understanding the trends in the industry at granular level.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the automotive interior materials industry trends.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...
For more information: