The automotive industry is one of the significant pillars of the global economy and is one of the important aspects responsible for macroeconomic growth, and technological advancements across the globe. In the past few years, automobiles have become a crucial necessity for every individual, which has led to the rise in the procurement of vehicles. Attributing to this, the automotive industry curve has witnessed an increasing trend, wherein, the worldwide vehicle sales in the year 2016 reached approximately 88 million, registering a growth of 4.8% as compared to 2015. This continuous increase in the sales of vehicles along with the rising usage of automobiles are some of the major factors responsible for the depletion of non-renewable resources, leading to an increase in the concentration of Greenhouse Gases (GHG) in the atmosphere.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the transport sector contributed 27% of the total GHG emission, in the U.S, in 2015. In Europe, the European Environment Agency (EEA) claimed that the transport sector contributed 25.8%. Owing to the rising levels of GHG in the atmosphere, the governments of several nations, environmental agencies, and automobile manufacturers are developing modes that may help in lesser fuel consumption, and reduced emission. Regenerative braking systems is one such technology that help to reduce the fuel consumption and GHG emission by the vehicles.
The attracting features of RBS and today’s need to limit the GHG emission are some of the major factors for the widespread adoption of RBS in automotive industry. RBS is widely used in electric vehicles (EVs), hence the growing number of EVs promise the growth in the market of RBS in the upcoming years.
The report titled ‘Global Automotive Regenerative Bra…cast: 2017 – 2026’ by BIS Research analyses and forecasts the market value of the global automotive regenerative braking systems (RBS) market during the forecast period (2017-2021). The market by volume of automotive RBS is anticipated to reach 16.7 million units in 2026. Stringent government rules and regulations, growing adoption of RBS in electric and hybrid vehicles, and extensive usage of RBS in order to improve vehicle performance are some of the factors driving the global automotive regenerative braking systems market. Furthermore, the better performance of regenerative brakes, when compared to the conventional brakes, has resulted into the robust growth of the market. On the other hand, higher cost of regenerative braking systems, and greater integration complexity when compared to the conventional brakes are some of the factors which may hinder the market growth in the upcoming years.
This automotive industry report provides the market value of automotive RBS with respect to the storage types (battery, flywheels, hydraulics, and ultracapacitors). Battery based RBS held the maximum market share of the global automotive RBS market in 2016 and the same is expected to follow during the forecast period. However, owing to the better charge-discharge capabilities than batteries, and better performance over other storage-based systems, the ultracapacitor based RBS are anticipated to grow at the fastest pace during the forecast period.
Few Companies Mentioned:
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd
- Adgero S.A.S
- Autoliv Nissin Brakes Systems
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Magnetti Marelli S.p.A
- Maxwell Technologies
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Skeleton Technologies
- Torotrak Plc
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Key Questions answered in the Report:
- What is the global automotive RBS market size in terms of volume and value in the period 2017-2026?
- Which is the dominant storage type by value for the global automotive RBS market?
- Which is the storage type by vehicle type in terms of value during the forecast period?
- What is the revenue generated by the different storage types in the global automotive RBS market in the period 2017-2026?
- What is the revenue generated by the different storage types for different vehicle type in the global automotive RBS market in the period 2017-2026?
- Which vehicle type will lead by value in the global automotive RBS market by the end of the forecast period?
- What are the different factors driving the market forward in the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of global electric vehicles market?
- Which type of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global automotive RBS market by the end of the forecast period?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...