CFN Media Group, the leading agency and financial media network dedicated to the North American cannabis industry, announces publication of an article discussing Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH), a small-cap company founded in 2016 that has amassed one of the most experienced management teams in the cannabis industry. By bringing together experts across pharmaceutical, cannabis, and investment banking industries, the company is well positioned to execute on its unique approach to the market and become a leading provider of cannabis to people and animals worldwide.
The due diligence process looks very different for small-cap versus large-cap stocks. When analyzing large-cap companies, investors pay closest attention to financial statements and valuation ratios to extrapolate growth rates and apply multiples. Small-cap stocks tend to be earlier stage companies without an established earnings track record, which means that investors must consider the management team above all else.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the company's management team and advisory board, as well as how their expertise has helped drive progress.
Experienced Management Team
Many investors in small-cap companies look for experience in both operational areas and investment banking when conducting due diligence. After all, public companies must both execute their business plan and deal with the ins and outs of being publicly traded.
Creso Pharma was founded by three individuals with extensive experience spanning the global pharmaceutical, medical cannabis, and investment banking industries:
* Creso Pharma CEO, Co-Founder, and Executive Director Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli, PhD, MBA, has over 25 years of strategic and operational leadership in global drug and product development in the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
* Non-Executive Chairman and Co-Founder Boaz Wachtel is a leading medical cannabis expert that formerly managed Phytotech Medical - Australia's first publicly-traded medical cannabis company.
* Non-Executive Director and Co-Founder Adam Blumenthal has over ten years of experience in investment banking and corporate finance. He has deep experience in both Australian and international markets, having helped raise capital and finance several listed and unlisted companies, including several medical cannabis firms.
These co-founders are joined by Chief Operating Officer John Griese - an expert in cannabis and food manufacturing and supply chain management. Over the past 30 years, he has worked with companies like Pepsi and Nestle in executive roles. More recently, he developed cannabis experience as Chief Operating Officer of Bloom Farms - a large branded manufacturer and distributor in California's regulated market.
Strong Advisory Board
Advisory boards are equally important to investors, especially in tightly-regulated industries. Board members can provide tremendous insights into everything from navigating regulatory red-tape to developing innovative new products.
Creso Pharma has developed a strong advisory board across these areas:
* Dr. Isaac Kobrin, MD, is an internist with more than 15 years of experience in the United States and Israel. He also has over 22 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Roche and Actelion, where he was responsible for the development of key compounds.
* Dr. Stephane Redey, PhD, has over 18 years of experience leading teams in the technical development of innovative drugs and strategic outsourcing. He has held senior positions with pharmaceutical companies in Switzerland and Australia.
* Dr. Raquel Peyraube, MD, has over 28 years of experience in training, prevention, treatment, and harm reduction, while also consulting on drug policy reform in Latin America.
* Prof. Dr. Felix Gutzwiller, MD, MPH, PhD, has served as a professor at the University of Basel and a professor of Social and Preventive Medicine at the University of Zurich, Emeritus since 2013.
* Dr. Gian Trepp ETH, MBA, IMD, is a senior pharmaceutical marketing executive with over 18 years of strategic and operational leadership. In addition to holding senior roles at global companies, he founded GBT Pharma, UK.
* Jorge Wernli ETH, MBA, IMD, is an expert in market access, pricing reimbursements, and government affairs with more than 30 years of experience working with startups and large pharmaceutical companies. He has built relationships across Europe, South America, and several Asian countries.
* Prof. Dr. Walter P. von Wartburg is an attorney at law with international experience in the areas of health and communication PR. For over 20 years, he has provided legal, communication, and issues management advice to biotech and life science firms.
Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH) has made tremendous progress in its mission to bring pharmaceutical rigor to the cannabis industry under this leadership. Over the past two years, the company acquired several cannabis assets, listed on the ASX (and soon TSX-V), and began generating early revenue through cultivation and product development. Investors may want to keep an eye on the stock given management's proven execution.
Visit the company's website or click here to receive the investor presentation and going public alert: promo.cfnmedia.com/cresopharma
Please follow the link to read the full article: www.cannabisfn.com/?p=2105050&preview=true