Building a successful app in all terms can be a bit of tedious task. More than that, keeping your user's needs fulfilled and retaining their satisfaction becomes difficult. The concept of Design Thinking gives the best solution for this!
Design Thinking focuses on solving user-oriented problems by implementing the most effective solutions. The basic purpose of the inclusion of design thinking is to understand the mindset of the users. It also aims to understand their problems and finding alternative solutions to those problems.
Building an app that you can customize for the users has its own pros and cons.
On one hand, the app development companies get the freedom to design the app according to how your end user wants it. At the same time, you need to think about whether you are solving the right problem or not, because that is what counts.
Throughout the process of design thinking, the angle of focus remains on how an individual is using the product. In this blog, you can refer to the various stages of Design Thinking, and how you can implement it in your business.
Six Stages of Design Thinking:
- Empathize: The first step is where you need to do some research. Which means get to know and understand your potential users. Before you indulge in anything, you need a defined answer about who your users are, and what they need. And most of all, how can your app fit into a niche market.
- Define: The information you gathered in the first step will be put to use here. Define a specific problem regarding the needs of your users. It might not the same as you initially assumed, but keep them into consideration.
- Ideate: Now that you know about your consumers and their issues, move on to finding appropriate solutions. Don't shy away from being as creative and unique as you want to, that is exactly what is needed! Ideas can be as innovative as you want them to be. You never know which one becomes a massive hit!
- Prototype: In the process of finding solutions, you must have come across more than just one solution. In the prototyping stage, you shortlist the best idea from all the ones you had. Work on the chosen prototypes and bring them to life!
- Testing: The next step is to test and analyze the prototype that you have developed. The best thing you can do is to cater results by getting in touch with your potential users. Your analysis will help you understand where you are wrong, or what you need to change or improvise.
- Implement: Finally, after making all the necessary improvements on your prototype, you are on your final stage, i.e. the implementation. You can now launch your app on the market but keep in touch with any improvements that might come your way. Keep innovating your app to enhance your product more.
Tips to follow while including Design Thinking in your Development Process
- Know your audience: As stated before too, design thinking is completely user-oriented. Hence, it is very important to know your users. The app you are designing should fulfill the needs of the specific group of people you are targeting.
In order to be able to do this, you need to know more about your audience. Because the more you know, the better it gets! The benefits you would attain from this is multi-fold. Keeping the consumers in mind at every step would enhance the overall performance of the app in terms of its design and usability.
- Design a strategy: Pre-planning everything about your business goals is always better. Once you get to know the needs of the users, you can develop an entire strategy to give space to their requirements.
However, do not restrict your strategy to the first stage of the development cycle. Include every aspect of your strategy, right from the beginning to the stage of implementation.
- Focus on one problem initially: Being dynamic and diverse is very good, but it might become a problem as well. When you are in the early phase of developing an app, lay your focus on one issue that your app would solve.
Once you have started establishing that, find out if there are any errors that need fixing. Once you've rectified that, you can further widen your spectrum.
- Set Targets: Implementing design thinking happens during the initial stages of development of an app. Which means that there is a long way ahead before you actually launch your app. Hence, it is always better to set targets so you that you can start somewhere!
The whole process of Design Thinking can be pretty overwhelming. As an app developer, you need to be very flexible with your methods so that you can accommodate any changes that are taking place.
The best part about this process is that you do not have to be stuck at any one point. You can always go back to the previous steps and modify anything that is required. This becomes very favorable since the needs of the customers keep on changing!
In the end, it helps you in developing a successful app because of the focus that is maintained towards the customers at all times.
Category: Mobile App DevelopersCompany about: The NineHertz is a Mobile App and Web Development company working for the businesses all around the Globe. We are active since 2008 and constantly maturing throughout our journey by creating prodigious apps for world's most inventive brands. We are specialized in Mobile App and Website Development, Digital Marketing, and providing Salesforce and E-commerce Solutions to a broad spectrum of businesses. We at The NineHertz strive for excellence in quality and seamless user’s experience. Business V ...