A multi-language app caters to a wider audience, builds customer trust, and enhances ROI. However, to create a fully functional and reliable multi-language app, developers need to analyze a few basic check-points and plan accordingly.
The Significance of a Multi-Language App
Monolingual apps are usually culture-specific, and hence, limited in their approach and spread while a multi-language app represents a global customer-centric approach ensuring wider market reach and higher customer trust, making localization of the app software a lucrative endeavor.
The first step should be to internationalize the app to take care of the font style, dates, numbers, region-specific content displays, language orientation and so on. This helps developers get an insight into the localization details that are more likely to offer a greater ROI.
App localization will include much more than mere translation as it implies changing text, screen layouts, images and app behavior based on the geographical location.
The process begins with a translation endeavor.
Content interpretation is possible in two different ways: Human and Machine Interpretation.
Though machines offer speed, low cost, privacy, and ease of use, yet they are highly unreliable and lack quality. Human interpretation, on the other hand, can offer first language expertise, subject proficiency, creativity, and cultural sensitivity.
Hence, human interpretation is more suitable than machine interpretation, but this increases the cost to create an app
Developing a Multi-Language App
- Plan Testing, translation and regression strategies beforehand
- Ensure rigorous testing for the localized software
- Create a detailed English test plan and reuse it for localization testing
- Where possible, source your programming assets in Unicode/UTF-8 encoding
- Leave space or program dynamic UI expansion into your software
- Avoid concatenation and wide use of single strings
- Offer ample remarks in programming assets to describe the context
- Always go for a full locale rather than simply a dialect
- Perform app localization and create user guide simultaneously for consistency
Apart from these basic check-points for developing a multi-language mobile app, it’s equally important to consider the following aspects:
- The symbols, images, and pictures must be carefully used as they can have different cultural, religious or political connotations in different target markets.
- The app should offer customized language-based keyboard support as most apps will need inputs via a keyboard.
- Strings that contain data placeholders or HTML codes can pose a challenge due to different word order and formatting structure in the source and target languages and should be taken care of.
Taking care of these points can help develop a globally viable and useful .
To sum up, developing a multi-language app
Category: Mobile App DevelopersCompany about: Konstant Infosolutions is a renowned name in the modern IT space, delivering inventive business-centric web and mobile app solutions across latest technology verticals. Our idea of building virtual interfaces and automated supplies, keepsutility and purpose at the core of it. Which resonates with the fact that we have successfully built over 3500 projects serving over 2800 customers in our 15 years of engrossing industry experience. Binding Virtues: Our practice of seeking the best of quality ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!