Being just like any other Traditional Web Applications, Progressive Web Apps look like Native Web Applications but their design is not platform locked and they embrace unlimited functionality. They consume storage and even mimic Native Apps, there are many more factors that will magnetize you towards it
What is a Progressive Web App?
Unlike Native Web Apps Progressive Applications are not OS (iOS + Android) specific. These are platform independent and host an array of functionalities.
From working in offline mode to escalating push notifications to users, these definitely define the future of Web Applications.
Heard about famous examples of Progressive Web Applications? Here are few:
- Flipkart Lite
- Wiki offline
Features Supported by Progressive Web Apps
- Home Screen Icon
- Push Notifications
- Splash Screen
- Geo Location
- Offline Mode
- Background Synchronization
- Accessing Media Features from Audio, Video and Camera Devices
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps
- These are called progressive because they work for every user irrespective of any browser.
- They work equally well on mobiles, desktops, tablets etc.
- Even a low-quality internet or an offline mode is not a hindrance
- They give a feeling of interacting and navigating in app style
- These are always up to date owing to service worker update process
- Progressive web apps are often served via HTTPS to prevent any kind of snooping or tempering of content
- Push notifications that come along with these make re-engagement easy
- No complex installation is required to make them working and can be easily shared via URL
- Progressive Web Apps allows the users to place their favorite Apps on Home Screen
Are Progressive Web Apps and Hybrid Apps same?
A Hybrid App is a combination of a Native and a Web and these are distributed via Native App Store.
These applications go through Google, Apple, and Microsoft’s App Store review process.
Hybrid Applications can be downloaded through App Store but only after their web code has been wrapped within some native code to allow certain native functionality such as access to phone's internal inbuilt camera.
Progressive Web Apps are websites but with some enhanced functionality, which does not require any download or installation. They can, however, be pinned and operate within browsers.
They can even work in offline mode, or poor internet connectivity and are capable of sending push notifications to users. These do not work on Safari right now and thus are not applicable on iPhone or iPads.
Related Article: Mobile Ecommerce – Winning it big with Progressive Web Applications
Can progressive web apps be called future of Mobile Technology?
Even after promoting Responsive Web Designs, Google is now promoting Progressive Web Application Development Services as it takes the mobile first technology forward with improved user retention. Flexible widths, flexible images, and media queries are the three important concepts combined within a responsive web design.
Progressive Web Development technique crafts a website and effectively optimizes the browsing experience of the user. These hosts a bundle of technologies, design concepts and Web API's that work together to provide app like experience on mobile and web.
Category: Mobile App DevelopersCompany about: Konstant Infosolutions is a renowned name in the modern IT space, delivering inventive business-centric web and mobile app solutions across latest technology verticals. Our idea of building virtual interfaces and automated supplies, keepsutility and purpose at the core of it. Which resonates with the fact that we have successfully built over 3500 projects serving over 2800 customers in our 15 years of engrossing industry experience. Binding Virtues: Our practice of seeking the best of quality ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!