MageNative comes up with yet another discount bonanza this holiday shopping season. Avail Flat 20% discount on all eCommerce mobile apps. Get ready to revamp your online store this Christmas with a Christmas themed mobile app. Convert your store into a mobile app and double your season sales.
Christmas shopping is one of the biggest shopping carnivals on the planet. The enormity of the shopping extravaganza can be gauged from the fact that just in the US, people spend more than $1 trillion on Christmas shopping.
With the rise of the internet, retailers have taken their Christmas sales online. Herein, but one question bewilders online retailers - How to increase online sales? or What should be my holiday sales strategy?
In this post, we’ll try to find answers to these questions.
1. Christmas Shopping Trends 2018
While planning your Christmas sales online, a better guide is following closely the Christmas Shopping Trends of 2018 and before. Let's look at some of the Christmas shopping trends:
- The week between Christmas and New Year has become what is now referred to as Cyber Week II.
- About 29% of the shoppers start their Christmas shopping in November.
- On average, an American spends $1536 during Christmas.
- Christmas gifts were the hottest online selling items.
- 23% of shoppers referred to social media for shopping.
- 60% of orders and 74% of traffic came through Mobiles on Christmas Day..
2. Christmas Shopping Predictions 2019
- It is predicted that online shoppers will spend more than $1 trillion in the US and £2 Billion in the UK this Christmas season.
- But, the catch this year is consumers will have six fewer days to shop between Thanksgiving and Christmas than 2018. This could well translate into a loss of $1 Billion in Christmas sales. In order to counter the loss, the retailers will begin their sales earlier.
- According to Adobe Analytics, for the first time, people will be shopping for Christmas more on their smartphones than on desktops.
- According to NRF, Christmas sales will increase between 3.8% and 4.2% as compared to 2018, aggregating around $730 billion. Whereas, online sales are expected is grow between 11% and 14% and will aggregate around $166 billion from $146 billion last year.
- Like last year, Christmas festive clothing is set to dominate shopping in 2019.
- According to IBM, with lower inflation and unemployment rate this year, people have higher disposable income, approximating around 4.5% up from 2nd quarter, 2019. This points to a greater spending spree by average US consumers this year.
- Overall, holiday sales are expected to grow by 5.4% this year. In-store sales will grow by 2.1% while eCommerce sale is expected to grow by a whopping 21%.
3. Holiday Sales Strategy
A closer look at the graph reveals that 80% of the shopping season's revenue is earned well before Christmas itself.
Only 20% of revenue is earned after mid-December. What does it mean?
It means you need to prepare early, preferably in the month of November itself to grab most of the shoppers.
Over the years, consumers have shifted to online shopping. What is significant is mobile is the main driver of online shopping in 2019.
As compared to Mobile Web, Mobile Apps are found to deliver consistent traffic. The reason is simple - once downloaded, it becomes the first choice of people to shop online because a mobile app works comparatively faster and offer user-specific suggestions.
This makes Mobile Apps perfect for cultivating brand loyalty among consumers.
4. The Rise and Rise of Mobile Shopper
Research points out that by 2021, Mobile Commerce is set to donate the eCommerce market with 54% of all eCommerce sales happening through mobiles.
This implies a more dominating role of mobile phones in the Holiday shopping season.
This Holiday season, more shoppers will shop on Mobile than on Desktops - BounceX
Mobile is also expected to witness the highest conversion rate across all devices this Holiday season.
According to Pricegrabber, 84% of the mobile app downloaders are expected to shop for holiday sales through their mobile app. Moreover, over 42% will download a shopping mobile app just for Holiday shopping.
5. Boosting Christmas Sales Online
Christmas and New Year are two shopping holidays that are celebrated across the world with equal zeal and flavor. That is why you need a global strategy to boost your Christmas sales online. Below we present to you some of the time tested strategies on how to increase online sales.
i. Leverage Social Media
Your holiday sales strategy is incomplete without social media. Customers are mostly looking for Christmas shopping ideas over social media and research suggests that people rely on them pretty often. Optimize your Social media pages and post relevant content to woo customers. Actively engage your prospective customers on Facebook/Twitter and negotiate a better deal.
ii. Build a User-friendly Mobile App
It is obvious from the figures above that mobile shopping is already dominating all the season sales. Your holiday sales strategy is incomplete without a mobile app. Building a mobile app for your online will be a smart move by you. Go for a Native Android or iOS mobile app for it runs comparatively more smoothly and uses all the features of the phone as compared to a Hybrid App.
iii. Customize Your Festive Mobile App
Give your mobile app a festive look with Christmas themed icons and home page pictures. Let the design of your mobile app create curiosity among the shoppers about the items and offers that your store is offering. People will browse an app 4 times more that is designed on a festive theme than otherwise.
iv. Run Flash Sales And Discounts
Offers and Discounts are the first things customers are looking for during the festive season. Boost your Christmas sales online by tunning flash discount offers so tempting that customers cannot resist buying from you. Sliding banners are the most preferred mode of attracting the attention of shoppers. And, mobile apps offer the perfect platform for running flash sales and banners.
To know more on how to increase your online sales this Christmas, click here
6. Festive Offer
In online shopping, the world is fast moving towards Mobile shopping. thanks to the unprecedented improvement in mobile technology. So, the answer is simple - you cannot expect to win without a dedicated mobile commerce strategy.
As suggested earlier, it is better to have a native mobile app for your online store for it far outweighs others in terms of customer loyalty and engagement.
MageNative brings to you one of the hottest deals this Christmas and New Year to boost your online sale. Avail a Flat 20% discount on all Mobile Apps.
Now is your chance to improve your Christmas sales online. Get a mobile app at an unbelievable low price.
7. Why MageNative Mobile App
- With MageNative, you are in full control of your app right from the beginning. Build your dream eCommerce app yourself. Absolutely no coding required. Simply Drag and Drop your favorite components and see how your app looks like in real-time.
- Showcase your brand logo and be on top of the mind of your customers.
- MageNative offers unlimited push notifications. Now remain in touch with your customers all the time and keep them engaged.
- Improve your ROI by monitoring user behavior, app installs, revenue trends and conversion funnels.
- Boost conversion rates with seamless navigation and shopping that is supported by the top of the class search sorting and customization options.
Category: Mobile App DevelopersCompany about: MageNative provides a Mobile-Commerce (M-Commerce) solution for the Online merchandisers to create their own M-Commerce app to increase their sales. Since 2015, we have been involved in M-commerce custom developments and native app solutions for Stores based on Magento, Magento 2, Shopify, WooCommerce and many more.