On the show with us are two of the best flagship smartphones - Xiaomi Mi Mix Nano and OnePlus 3T. Let’s read on to find out more.
Xiaomi started off in this flagship space after realizing that customers can afford to spend more in getting a smartphone. Previously they have been dominating the entry-level and mid-range market with their array of affordable smartphones. Even then, they are still unable to break through the top 3 manufacturers in the world, namely Samsung, Apple and Huawei.
It all started with Mi Mix which has an incredible 6.4-inch edgeless screen and an amazing 91.3% screen-to-body ratio, you get the maximum viewing space out of this flagship.
For those of you who don’t want something that huge, now you can turn to Mi Mix Nano with the following specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2040 pixels or ~420 ppi pixel density
- Curved screen
- All-ceramic body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset, Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 16MP primary camera with f/2.0, EIS (gyro), phase detection autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5MP secondary camera
- 128GB internal storage + no expansion slot
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- Rumored December release date
- Rumored $439 USD price tag
The curved screen is still there for everyone to see, which mimics that of Samsung Galaxy Edge. An all-ceramic body ensures a very smooth handling of the smartphone.
Besides the looks, Mi Mix Nano is powered by only the best with Snapdragon 821, fast quad-core Kryo processor and 4GB RAM. There’s nothing that this smartphone can’t run smoothly enough.
Camera-wise, a pretty good 16MP-5MP camera is available so that you can capture great-looking photos.
It also has a huge 128GB internal storage which would negate the effect of not having an expansion slot. You don’t have to worry about running out of space so soon, although a spring cleaning every now and then is good though.
OnePlus 3T is the update for the original OnePlus 3. Here’s to a closer look at One Plus 3T as per below:
- 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Metal body
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset, Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 530 and 6GB RAM
- 16MP primary camera with f/1.7 aperture, phase detection autofocus, OIS and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/3.2" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size
- 64GB internal storage + no expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery + Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 minutes (Dash Charge)
- Oxygen OS based on Android Nougat 7.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- 14th November launch, December expected release date
- $479 USD price tag
We are not sure what Optic AMOLED is all about, but it will surely be an improvement over Super AMOLED that we have grown accustomed to. Let’s wait for the official features for further details.
One clear advantage it has is on the protection side of things, with the availability of Gorilla Glass 4.
Hardware-wise with everything else being equal, OnePlus 3T has the advantage of an additional 2GB RAM to boot. Heavy multi-tasking won’t be any issues here, as it will blaze through everything.
In terms of camera, they may be equal but OnePlus 3T has a better 8MP selfie camera which you can put to good use.
Last but not least, there’s the Oxygen OS that is based on the latest Android Nougat 7.0. It was created with a simple goal: to find perfect the balance between power and simplicity. If you like your OS clean, comfortable, and easy to use right out of the box, then this is for you. If you prefer to tinker, Oxygen OS also includes an array of robust power features where it allows for all sorts of customization.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Nano is undeniably beautiful with edgeless display and has an all-ceramic body which makes it great in the look and feel department. Great hardware, good camera and huge storage makes for an irresistible combination.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Nano is rumored to be released in December 2016 but nothing is confirmed yet. It is said to be priced at $3000 Chinese Yuan or ~$439 USD. There will only be one color available which is Black.
Elsewhere for OnePlus 3T, it is the update that most of us are waiting for. Flagship killer or not, this smartphone has good protection, amazing hardware, great camera, great battery and a vanilla OS based on the latest Nougat OS. Definitely more value for money in this case.
OnePlus 3T is expected to be released in December 2016 and will be available for $479 USD. You can choose from Black, Graphite and Soft Gold color.