Xiaomi Mi 5c is coming to town in the next couple of weeks for a stunningly amazing price of $144 USD.
The Chinese manufacturer is very well-known for its value for money smartphone. It all began earlier this year with the release of Mi 5 with the below specs:
- 5.15-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~428 ppi pixel density
- Slim at 144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm (5.69 x 2.72 x 0.29 in) and light at 129 g / 139 g (4.90 oz) with ultra-thin bezel
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset, Dual-core 1.8 GHz Kryo & Dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo processor, Adreno 530 graphics and 3GB RAM
- 16MP primary camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 4MP secondary camera with f/2.0, 1/3" sensor size, 2µm pixel size, [email protected]>
- ·32GB or 64GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 minutes (Quick Charge 3.0)
- MIUI 7.1 based on Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual sim and 4G LTE
- April 2016 release date
- $309 USD for 32GB storage, $359 USD for 64GB storage
Even then Mi 5 was selling like hot cakes with such amazing specs and such an affordable price tag to it. What then can we expect the Mi 5c to be able to offer us?
To put things into perspective, Mi 5c can be considered to be a more affordable solution but still maintaining a lot of features and functions. You can check it out as per below:
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~424 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Octa-core 2.2 GHz processor and 3GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera
- 32GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion battery with Fast battery charging
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- December 2016 release date
- $999 Chinese Yuan or ~$144 USD
Sporting a slightly bigger 5.2-inch Full HD screen, the Mi 5c also comes with a fingerprint sensor. The metal body further adds to its value which you don’t normally find at this price point.
Performance-wise, the Mi 5c can be considered to be in the mid-range with its fast octa-core processor and 3GB RAM. It should be able to run most apps and games without any hiccups.
In terms of camera, the 13MP-5MP camera setup that is available should be able to handle your daily needs. Go on ahead to snap those photos and post it to your favorite social media, knowing that it will come out looking good.
One word of caution though, you have to make do with only 32GB of internal storage since there’s no expansion slot. You can still depend on USB on-the-go or turn to cloud storage to further expand it.
Xiaomi Mi 5c is positioned to be the leader of an affordable mid-range smartphone with entry level pricing. Seldom can you find a smartphone that comes with a metal body, fingerprint sensor, speedy octa-core processor, 3GB RAM, 13MP-5MP camera and 32GB storage for this kind of price.
With the release date of Xiaomi Mi 5c targeted within this month, it will be priced at $999 Chinese Yuan or ~$144 USD. It will be available in various colours.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany profile: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.