On show for us today, we have Meizu M3x and Lenovo Zuk Edge. Both are indeed affordable and packed with features and functions, but only one will triumph in the end.
Meizu seems to be one of the Chinese manufacturers who have been having a low profile over the years. But for those who know them, you definitely know what they are capable of delivering, and M3x is testimony to that.
You can find further details about the M3x as per below:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~403 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek MT6757 Helio P20 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-T880MP2 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage + microSD slot up to 256GB maximum
- 12MP primary camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.4 µm pixel size
- Non-removable 3200 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- December 2016 release date
- $289 USD
From the outset, M3x is a solid smartphone that is beauty personified. Sporting a metal body, it also comes with 2.5D curved glass which increases grip for easier and firmer handling.
Under the hood of the M3x is something of a mid-ranger with its Helio P20 chipset, speedy octa-core, good graphics and 4GB RAM. All these combines well to give you more than enough firepower to run most apps and games that are out there very smooth.
Storage-wise, the smartphone provides 64GB of internal storage. And if that is not enough, just pop in a microSD card and you can go all the way up to 256GB maximum.
As for the camera, the M3x sports a 12MP primary camera with Sony IMX386 sensor so that you can capture lots of photos in great glory – more so with PDAF and dual-LED (dual tone) flash. Even pictures taken in the dark will look great with this camera.
Finally, there’s the 3200 mAh battery to power up the smartphone. This should allow for a day’s worth of battery life.
Famously carrying the Edge brand, let’s get up close and personal with Lenovo’s latest Zuk Edge. You can find more info about the smartphone as per below:
- 5.5-inch Full HD TDDI with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Gorilla Glass protection
- Fingerprint sensor
- Heart rate sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset, Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1/4" sensor size and 1.12 µm pixel size
- 64GB internal storage with no expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- January 2017 release date
- $2299 Chinese Yuan or ~$329
They may sport a similar 5.5-inch screen, but Zuk Edge has the advantage of the TDDI technology on its screen. Plus, there’s also Gorilla Glass protection which comes in handy when you need it most. There’s also a nice inclusion in the form of a heart rate sensor, that should prove to be useful for fit individuals. With more and more embarking on smart wearables, you don’t have to buy a fitness band in this case.
Now let’s move on to its performance, you can find Zuk Edge having only the best. The smartphone sports the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 821 chipset paired with a speedy Quad-core Kryo processor, great graphics and 4GB RAM. There’s simply nothing that this device can’t run fast enough, with some spare left in the tank.
Moving on to its camera, there’s the 13MP-8MP camera combination which provides for some great photos being taken with the Zuk Edge. The 8MP selfie camera is sure to bring you lots of memorable selfies being taken by this smartphone.
One thing that you should note about Zuk Edge is that, it does not have an expansion slot. But still, there’s 64GB internal storage though. To mitigate this, you can turn to cloud storage or use USB on-the-go.
Finally, the promise of running the latest Android Nougat 7.0 OS right out of the box is great news indeed. The powerful performance is further complemented with the latest software to boot.
Meizu M3x scores high on the look and feel department, has good hardware, great camera and a good battery life going for it. Not to mention that it is also cheaper by $40 USD in this case.
Meizu M3x had just been released and is currently available for $1,999 Chinese Yuan or ~$289 USD. You can choose from Blue, Gold, Black or Silver color.
Lenovo Zuk Edge is set to be a great hit with its great screen, amazing hardware, great selfie camera and the latest OS. Can’t wait for it to get released very soon.
Lenovo Zuk Edge is set to be released in January 2017 for $2299 Chinese Yuan or ~$329. It will be available in Titanium Black and Ceramic White.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.