Here’s something revolutionary that is set to shake up the market very soon with the introduction of Asus Zenfone AR just a few days ago at CES 2017 expo. It was even voted Best Smartphone for CES 2017, so you know you are getting your hands on the future of Augmented Reality with this device.
The race for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality is picking up pace with a lot of new devices already out there, and Zenfone AR is the best amongst it all.
You can refer to the below for Zenfone AR’s full specs:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels or ~515 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset, Quad-core (2x2.35 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB/8GB RAM
- 23MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS (4-axis), 3x zoom, phase detection autofocus and depth & motion tracking sensors
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- DTS HD sound enhancement
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Project Tango
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
Zenfone AR is the world’s first 5.7-inch smartphone with Tango and Daydream by Google. Tango is an exciting new augmented reality (AR) technology that changes the way you interact with the world and expands your vision. And with Daydream, you can experience high-quality, immersive virtual reality (VR) with your phone. Sounds pretty new to you eh?
To understand more about these two technologies, here are some basics of this cutting-edge technology:
- Tango is a set of sensors and computer vision software that gives Zenfone AR the ability to understand space and motion like humans do, which gives Zenfone AR augmented reality capabilities that feel positively futuristic. Tango adds motion tracking, depth perception, and area learning capabilities to Zenfone AR, so it can understand its motion as it moves through an area, detect how far way it is from the floor, walls, and objects, and see and remember the key visual features of physical space in three-dimensional space.
- Daydream brings you high-quality VR experiences. With its brilliant Super AMOLED display, ultra-smooth graphics, and high-fidelity sensors that precisely track head movement, Zenfone AR immerses you in incredible new worlds that are so realistic, you feel as if you are there. Together with Daydream View, a VR headset and controller by Google, Zenfone AR lets you travel anywhere you want to go, kick back in your personal VR cinema, and play games that put you in the centre of the action.
Zenfone AR is also equipped with the innovative TriCam system consisting of three rear cameras — a motion tracking, depth sensing, and high-resolution 23MP camera. This enables the phone to a create a three-dimensional model of its surroundings and track its motion, so it can see the world just like you do. The motion tracking camera lets Zenfone AR track its location as it moves through space. The depth sensing camera with an infrared (IR) projector lets Zenfone AR measure its distance from real-world objects. The high-resolution 23MP camera lets you view virtual objects in your actual environment in stunning detail. Together with Tango, Zenfone AR delivers engaging augmented reality experiences for you to explore and enjoy.
Now that we’ve covered all that, here’s a look at the ins and outs of the smartphone. Blessed with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen, it doesn’t get any better than this at this stage. Then there’s also a metal body with fingerprint sensor which is a norm these days. To top it off, the Gorilla Glass 4 provides some peace of mind when handling this precious device.
Under the hood of the Zenfone AR is the Snapdragon 821 chipset, fast quad-core Kryo processors, great graphics and either a choice of 4GB or a whopping 8GB RAM. Complementing its powerful processors, ZenFone AR has a sophisticated vapour cooling system that enables the CPU and GPU to work more efficiently and delivers enhanced performance to prevent overheating.
Regarding storage, there’s plenty of choices to go about, ranging from the minimal 32GB all the way up to 256GB. Not only that, you can even pop in a microSD card to further expand it to an additional 256GB.
Now that you get to enjoy a great visual experience, Zenfone AR also has something up its sleeve with the DTS HD sound enhancement. Go ahead and enjoy world-class audio pleasure to complement your great AR adventure.
As far as battery goes, the Zenfone AR comes with 3300 mAh battery which could probably have no issues powering up the device for at least a day without any problems.
Last but not least, this amazing smartphone will be running on the latest Android Nougat 7.0 right out of the box once it gets released to the public.
Exciting times ahead are in store for us once we got hold of Asus Zenfone AR in the coming months. It promises a great AR experience, great look and feel, great hardware, great camera, great sound and the latest OS to provide pure pleasure to those lucky enough to have one. You will also be the envy of the whole world!
Asus Zenfone AR had just been announced although there’s no release date and price tag available yet. It will only be available in Black colour.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany profile: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.