A mini leak just happened a few days ago in the form ZTE Nubia Z17 which is said to be equipped with 8GB of RAM. Seriously?
Since the release of its smaller sibling dubbed Nubia Z17 Mini, we all have been waiting when the flagship will reveal itself. Surely a Mini version can’t live without its proper version, right? Even more compelling is the fact that the Mini was sold out in an amazing 56 seconds upon its release. There hasn’t been an official figure, but it was thought to be in the range of 50,000 – 100,000 smartphones were sold out in under a minute.
Let’s begin then with the proper introduction of the Nubia Z17 Mini as per below:
- 5.2-inch Full HD LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~424 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652/Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 chipset, Octa-core (4x1.95 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Adreno 510 graphics and 4GB/6GB RAM
- Dual 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus, and dual-LED flash
- 16MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens
- 64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- DTS sound
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 2950 mAh battery
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- April 2017 release date
- $1,699 Chinese Yuan or ~$249 USD for Snapdragon 652 + 4GB RAM or $1,999 Chinese Yuan or ~$289 USD for Snapdragon 653 + 6GB RAM
Just by taking a look at the Nubia Z17 Mini, you can just amaze at how powerful it is. A little pocket rocket that stood at 5.2-inch, but packed with all the goodness of a mid-range hardware, great dual 13MP primary camera, great 16MP selfie camera, large storage, great sound and a great price. There’s little wonder it got sold that many before its launch.
Well then, what do we have with the Nubia Z17? Here’s what we know as of now:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) processor, Adreno 540 graphics and 6GB/8GB RAM
- Dual 16MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus, OIS and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and 1.4 µm pixel size
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- Q3 2017 release date
There’s just one word to describe the Nubia Z17 – Wow! Said to be sporting a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS screen, it comes with the usual stuff; a fingerprint sensor and Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
But when it comes what’s under the hood, it will be the latest Snapdragon 835 chipset paired with the fastest octa-core Kryo processor, great graphics and up to a whopping 8GB RAM. Yes, 8 gigs of pure memory goodness set to be unleashed real soon onto the smartphone world.
Not content with being a fast performer, how about a great camera smartphone as well? That’s exactly what Nubia Z17 will be attempting to be, with its amazing dual 16MP primary camera setup. Packed with all the bells and whistles, you will enjoy all the great times with all the great-looking photos that it will be able to capture.
As for its storage, there’s ample available with either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. Even then, it can further be expanded up to 256GB via the microSD expansion slot.
For audio lovers, be prepared to excite your senses with the Dolby Atmos great sound system. This means that you are able to listen to your favorite songs crystal clear.
Last but not least, the latest Android Nougat 7.1.1 is set to be available right out of the box with the Nubia Z17. This will further maximize its already powerful hardware to a new level.
ZTE Nubia Z17 is all set to be a great flagship with a great dual primary camera to cater to the growing number of people involved in smartphone photography. To further complement its powerful hardware that is set to be powered with 8GB of RAM, you can also expect it to come with a great amount of storage, great sound system and the latest Android Nougat OS upon its release. The only question now is on its price.
ZTE Nubia Z17 is set to be released in Q3 2017 although there’s no word on the price yet. It is said to be available in Gold, Gray, and Silver.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany profile: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.