Sharp knows a thing or two about coming out with a beautiful smartphone, just look at Aquos 2 and it's like love at first sight.
Ever since the Taiwanese giant Foxconn bought Sharp last year, they have been getting better at it. Just like their television series lineup, the transfer of technology to the smartphone series is excellent.
It has been awhile though that we heard about Sharp, so let’s take a quick look at last year’s best-selling model, the Z2:
- 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Gorilla Glass protection
- Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset, Deca-core (2x2.3GHz Cortex-A72, 4x2.0GHz Cortex-A53, 4x1.4GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-T880 MP4 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 16MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus, electronic image stabilization and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/1.8 aperture and 82-degrees wide angle
- 32GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 128GB
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging up to 50% in just 30 minutes
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- November 2016 release date
- $279 USD price tag
The Z2 was pretty much Sharp’s trump card with a decent price but with good value for money. Equipped with the great 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS IPS screen, wonderful hardware, great 16MP-8MP camera setup and good battery life makes for an excellent choice.
Here we are nine months on with the impending release of Aquos S2. Although there’s no scheduled release date yet, it was leaked just a couple of days ago that got the whole world excited about it. Here’s what we managed to find out so far:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2040 pixels or ~420 ppi pixel density
- Octa-core processor with 4GB/6GB RAM
- Dual 13MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
Even though there’s still insufficient information that we can find, the Aquos S2 will bring some upgrades here and there. The biggest target will be on its dual 13MP primary camera which is an effort to keep up with the times. We also note of larger storage that can now accommodate more on the smartphone, as well as the latest Android Nougat 7.0 operating system.
It is still early days for Sharp Aquos S2 to show its true colours, but with a bezel-less screen, deliciously beautiful looks, mid-range hardware, amazing dual primary camera and the latest operating system; makes for a really good smartphone package.
There’s still no release date for Sharp Aquos S2 or its pricing for that matter, so stay tuned with us as we bring more news as it unfolds.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.