For those who love taking selfies, you can rejoice with the news that Vivo Y69 will make its debut on September 1st. But what is this 16MP ‘moonlight’ selfie camera?
It is a very well-known fact that Vivo’s smartphone camera capabilities are indeed amazing, even more so of it being able to provide great selfie experience. With the Y69, it's selfie prowess will once again be on-show.
But before we begin, let’s take a quick look at the previous smartphone bearing the ‘Y’ series from Vivo – the Y55s:
- 5.2-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels or ~282 ppi pixel density
- Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 chipset, Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 306 graphics and 3GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera
- 16GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2730 mAh battery
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- March 2017 release date
- 12,490 Indian Rupee or ~$189 USD price tag
It was back in March that Y55s was out on the market, but it falls short of our expectation. We are hoping that the Y69 will be able to make up for it.
Here’s to the lowdown of the Y69 which is only a day away from its release:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels or ~267 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Mediatek MT6750 chipset, Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T860MP2 graphics and 3GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, autofocus and LED flash
- 16MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 32GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- September 1st, 2017 release date
- 14,990 Indian Rupee or ~$235 USD price tag
“We are pleased to introduce the Y69 in the Y series product portfolio and are confident that its premium design and superior camera features will offer great value to customers at an ideal price point. With the festive season around the corner, we are committed to fulfilling our brand promise and adding a surprise element for our valued customers with innovative devices.”, quoted Kenny Zeng, Chief Marketing Officer for Vivo India.
Y69 is indeed a step up in so many ways for the Y-lineup. For starters, it will be sporting a larger 5.5-inch HD IPS screen that is also equipped with a fingerprint sensor and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It would be better if it comes with a Full HD resolution though.
Regarding performance, there should be adequate power with the available MT6750 chipset, decently fast octa-core processor, decent graphics and 3GB RAM. There shouldn’t be any issues running most apps and games, but those high-demanding ones will prove to be a burden.
Camera-wise, the 13MP primary camera is your average camera with the features and functions that you would come to expect. But it set to be Vivo’s first smartphone to be equipped with Live Photo feature that allows the primary camera to bring photos to life by creating a moving image. On the 16MP selfie camera, it will be equipped with Moonlight Glow light and Group Selfie feature.
Moving on to storage, there should be ample of it with the built-in 32GB internal storage. Need more? Just pop in a microSD card and you are set to add a further 256GB via the expansion slot.
As for the battery, the 3000 mAh battery should be sufficient to power up the smartphone for a full day in between charging.
Last but not least, the latest Android Nougat 7.0 will be there upon its release which is good news indeed.
Vivo Y69 offers a solid smartphone but targets those who are looking for an awesome selfie experience. It is something like a selfie camera first, and smartphone experience second.
Vivo Y69 is all set for September 1st release and will be available for 14,990 Indian Rupee or ~$235 USD. You get to choose the colour from either Champagne Gold or Matte Black.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.