Find out if Oppo A71 is priced reasonably for its offerings? Read on for more details.
Oppo has always emphasised on their great camera setup, especially true on their high-end devices. But before we begin, let's recap the specs of its bigger brother, Oppo A77:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Metal body
- Mediatek MT6750T chipset, Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T860MP2 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 16MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12 µm pixel size
- 64GB internal storage + microSD slot up to 256GB maximum
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- June 2017 release date
- ~$319 USD price tag
With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at Oppo A71 as per below:
- 5.2-inch HD TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels or ~282 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- Mediatek MT6750 chipset, Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T860MP2 graphics and 3GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16GB internal storage + microSD slot up to 256GB maximum
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- Septeber 2017 release date
- ~$175 USD price tag
Oppo A71 is sporting a slightly smaller 5.2-inch that also comes with a rather ancient TFT screen in High Definition. It feels awful that we are nearing the end of 2017, and there exist smartphones with this old TFT technology.
Thought that we are settling for a mid-range price tag, we would at least be getting an IPS screen. Though it comes with a metal body that makes for a delicate touch.
Moving on to its hardware, Oppo A71 comes with a rather decent mid-range hardware with the MT6750 chipset, a decently fast octa-core processor, good graphics and 3GB RAM.
The Chinese manufacturer is renowned for their camera prowess, but unfortunately Oppo A71 only comes with an average 13MP-5MP camera setup. Even though there’s a host of software and hardware ability like PDAF, it feels rather plain on this smartphone.
Only 16GB of internal storage can be found on Oppo A71. Surely it is not enough, after you’ve installed all your favorite apps and games, you will be left with almost zero space left. Luckily there’s the expansion slot that you can easily add 256GB of space.
Powered by Android Nougat 7.1, Oppo A71 will surely benefit from the enhancements that it brings. This should speed things up a little bit.
Last but not least, a 3000 mAh battery is available to supply the necessary power to Oppo A71.
Oppo A71 is actually quite worrying with its mid-range price tag but with the handicap of a 5.2-inch HD screen with the ancient TFT technology. That’s the killer blow.
Oppo A71 is currently available for ~$175 USD and Gold and Black are the available colours to choose from.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.