Get ready for something big coming to you this November, for Gionee M7 will be coming!
Gionee M-series have a good reputation, and that is set to be enhanced with the upcoming release of Gionee M7.
Expected to be released together with a cheaper alternative dubbed Gionee M7 Power, let’s first recall the Gionee M6 which was released back in September 2016:
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset, Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T860MP2 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus and dual-LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1/4" sensor size and 1.12 µm pixel size
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dedicated security chip that provides 10 layers of protection
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Reverse charging (charge other devices)
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- September 2016 release date
- $409 USD for 64GB storage and $439 USD for 128GB storage
The two primary attractions for Gionee M6 back then, was its promise of great security with its dedicated security chip, and great battery life with the available 5000 mAh battery supplying juice to it.
Gionee M7 is expected to be taking a different route, as you can see from the specs below:
- 6.01-inch Full HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2160 pixels ~402 ppi pixel density
- Fullview 18:9 display
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek Helio P30 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.65 GHz Cortex A53) processor, Mali-G71 MP2 graphics and 6GB RAM
- Dual 16MP+8MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- November 2017 expected release date
- $425 USD estimated price tag
Indeed, there was a change in Gionee M7 to keep up with the trends. Starting with a huge 6.01-inch Full HD AMOLED screen with Fullview 18:9 display, you get more detail on-screen and more screen real estate.
With other manufacturers already releasing their latest models with this feature, it is good that Gionee is keeping up.
Just be prepared to handle it with two hands, as this size is enormous. The other issue would be, to find a pocket that is deep enough to store it.
Regarding raw of processing power, Gionee M7 gets a nice upgrade with the Helio P30 chipset, a fast octa-core processor, great graphics and 6GB RAM. It will be fast for your daily use and gaming.
Then comes one of the most significant change on the Gionee M7, the dual 16MP+8MP primary camera. As 2017 is the year of dual cameras, some even have four cameras on them; Gionee doesn’t want to get left behind. You can fully utilise the dual camera, and use the bokeh effect. Then comes the 8MP selfie camera to complete the camera package.
Storage-wise, there seems to be only one variant available which is the 64GB model. Even though there’s no option for the 128GB, you can quickly add 256GB via the expansion slot.
Moving on to the battery, Gionee M7 is equipped with a smaller battery capacity with the 4000 mAh battery taking its place. Although not as big as we would have wanted it to be, it should be more than enough to power up the smartphone for at least a full day.
With Android Nougat 7.1 found on the Gionee M7, it is nice. But it remains to be seen whether it will be getting the latest update to Android Oreo 8.0 sometime soon.
Gionee M7 goes on a different path by providing us with a huge 6.01-inch AMOLED screen with Fullview display, more hardware power, dual 16MP+8MP primary camera and the update to Nougat operating system.
Gionee M7 is expected to be released in November 2017 for an estimated $425 USD price tag. There’s a lot of colours for you to choose from: Sapphire Blue, Star Blue, Maple Red, Champagne Gold and Black.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany profile: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.