On one corner we have Vivo X20 with its large 6.01-inch with Fullview display while on the other hand we have Blackberry Motion with IP67 certification and large 4000 mAh battery among other things.
For starters, let’s take a closer look at X20 which has the below specs:
- 6.01-inch Full HD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2160 pixels or ~402 ppi pixel density
- FullView display
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8956 Plus Snapdragon 660 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260) processor and 4GB RAM
- Dual 12MP+5MP primary camera with f/1.8aperture, autofocus and LED flash
- 12MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- October 2017 release date
- 2,998 Chinese Yuan or ~$450 USD price tag
There’s a lot of positive things that you will get out of the X20, and the first thing that will impress you is its large 6.01-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen with Fullview display. With this technology becoming more mainstream, it is good to see it becoming real on this smartphone.
As far as performance goes, the X20 belongs in the mid-upper region with the Snapdragon 660 chipset, fast Kryo octa-core processor and 4GB RAM. You should find that it will have no issues running all the latest apps and games.
Fast performance, but what about its camera? Here’s where you will have excellent camera experience via the dual 12MP+5MP primary camera with bokeh effect and its 12MP selfie camera.
Storage-wise, you will find that the 64GB of internal storage is more than sufficient for you to install lots of apps and games, and to cater for your camera-taking adventure as well. Need more space? Just pop in a microSD card and you are all set to go up to 256GB via the expansion slot.
In terms of battery, the 3250 mAh battery should do well to power up the smartphone for a full day. But if you are a heavy user, best if you carry a power bank with you.
The X20 does have an advantage by providing us with the dual-sim feature. You get to choose to go for either great data plan or change it to a call plan should you need it.
Now that we have it covered, let’s turn our attention to Blackberry Motion instead:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio or ~401 ppi density
- IP67 certified - dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 chipset, Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 506 graphics and 4GB RAM
- 12MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 32GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- 4G LTE
- October 2017 expected release date
- ~$459 USD estimated price tag
We’ll start off with one of the most disappointing feature that will be missing on the upcoming Motion, a full-sized QWERTY keyboard. One of the primary reasons that Blackberry still have its fanbase, is the keyboard and enhanced security features – suitable for business users.
But at least with the Motion smartphone, it will be sporting a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS screen with the IP67 certification that makes it dust and water resistant.
Performance-wise, Motion will set to be in the mid-range department with Snapdragon 625 chipset, fast octa-core processor, good graphics and 4GB RAM.
In terms of camera, the 12MP-8MP camera combination should be able to provide for a good camera performance, not too great and not too shabby either.
It does however at a disadvantage in terms of storage, as there’s only 32GB of space available. Thankfully, there’s the expansion slot available that you can easily add up to a maximum of 256GB.
One other advantage that the Motion provides, is on its large 4000 mAh battery. It shouldn’t have any problem to supply enough juice to the smartphone for it to last for a day or two in between charging.
Vivo X20 is a great choice at this price range, with its large 6.01-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen with FullView display, medium-upper performance, great dual 12MP+5MP primary camera, large 64GB internal storage and dual-sim capability. Plus, it is also slightly cheaper in this case.
Vivo X20 had just bee released for 2,998 Chinese Yuan or ~$450 USD. It is available in Matte Black, Gold and Rose Gold.
Blackberry Motion takes a different path altogether by going away with the physical keyboard. Instead, it has a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS screen, IP67 certification that makes it dust and water resistant, mid-range performance and a large 4000 mAh battery to boot.
Blackberry Motion is expected to be released very soon in October 2017 for an estimated $459 USD price tag. It will only be available in Black colour, which is the traditional colour of Blackberry.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.