If you are on a very tight budget, Panasonic Eluga I5 offers good performance in exchange for just $99 . Find out more below…
Panasonic is a reputable household products brand name, rather than a smartphone manufacturer. Even the I5 branding might confuse you with Intel’s line of processors. It all began in the middle of last year, with the release of Eluga I3 which the below specs:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels or ~267 ppi pixel density
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz chipset and 2GB RAM
- 13MP-5MP camera
- 16GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 32GB
- Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery
- Android Lollipop 5.1
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- May 2016 release date
- $9,290 Indian Rupee or ~$139 USD
For an entry-level smartphone, it ticks all the boxes quite well. Large screen, decent hardware, good camera, good storage and good battery makes for a good combination.
More than a year has passed, and Panasonic is now back with Eluga I5. Let’s scrutinize it further as per below:
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio or ~294 ppi density
- Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek MT6737 chipset, Quad-core 1.25 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T720MP1 graphics and 2GB RAM
- 13MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera
- 16GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 128GB
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery
- Android Nougat 7.0
- November 2017 release date
- 6,499 Indian Rupees or ~USD 99
It won’t get any cheaper than this, as Eluga I5 brings sub-$100 USD pricing and with the necessary specs to support it. The smartphone comes with a smallish 5-inch HD IPS screen, which is enough for most people. But with great protection and fingerprint sensor on it, it sure adds tremendous value.
Performance-wise, you can only find entry-level performance on the Eluga I5. With the MT6737 chipset, slow quad-core processor, decent graphics and 2GB RAM – you should find it enough to run your social media apps, light browsing and very basic gaming with it.
Then comes the camera aspect on the Eluga I5, and the 13MP-5MP camera combination is more than capable of giving you good quality photos with the camera smartphone. The LED flash lets you take pictures, even in the dark.
In terms of storage, surely 16GB of internal storage won’t be enough. Thankfully there’s an expansion slot that can easily add a maximum of 128GB.
Moving on to the battery, the 2500 mAh built-in battery found on the Eluga I5 should be more than enough to supply enough juice to last it for a day or two in between charging.
Panasonic Eluga I5 gives more value than you would typically expect out of a smartphone that costs under $100 USD. Decent 5-inch HD IPS screen, great Dragontrail Glass protection, fingerprint sensor, decent entry-level performance, good 13MP-5MP camera and good 2500 mAh battery that combines really well.
The Panasonic Eluga I5 is currently available for 6,499 Rupees or ~$99 USD and comes in Black and Gold colour.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.