You don’t have to spend big these days, to be able to get a good smartphone. All you need to do is check out Oppo R11s and Gionee M7.
Let’s begin our journey today with the R11s. Oppo has been steadily climbing the charts and currently has a strong grip on a number in the smartphone manufacturers list.
They are spending hugely on marketing, and it seems to have been doing very well to help their cause. Of course, you also need a great smartphone that can sell to support their claim.
Without further ado, here’s the lowdown for the phablet as per below:
- 6.01-inch Full HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio or ~401 ppi density
- Fullview Display
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8956 Plus Snapdragon 660 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260) processor, Adreno 512 graphics and 4GB RAM
- Dual 20MP primary camera (f/2.6, AF) + 16MP (f/1.7, PDAF) with phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 16MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Non-removable Li-Po 3200 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- November 2017 release date
- 2,999 Chinese Yuan or ~$450 USD
There’s a lot of similarities between the two, but R11s has the edge with the Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Regarding performance, it is somewhere there on the medium-upper side of things with the Snapdragon 660 chipset, fast Kryo octa-core processor, good graphics and 4GB RAM. More than enough for all your daily apps and games, and some gaming on it as well.
Oppo has been very famous for its camera and being the selfie leader. That’s entirely what you will get with the fantastic dual 20MP+16MP primary camera. You also get to play with the bokeh effect and amaze yourself at what it can do. For those who love taking selfies, the 16MP selfie camera is very capable of making great selfies.
Furthermore, the selfie camera benefits from a built-in AI to enhance all your selfies. This is done by collecting data points such as age, skin tone, and facial structure; which then allows the camera to automatically capture the best selfie every time. It also encourages you to experience the power of the facial recognition system, which claims that it can unlock the smartphone in just 0.08 seconds.
Likewise, Gionee has been making a great stride, and the M-series have built up quite a good reputation.
Rather than just keeping up with the times, Gionee M7 tries to outmuscle the competition as you can from the below:
- 6.01-inch Full HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2160 pixels ~402 ppi pixel density
- Fullview 18:9 display
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek Helio P30 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.65 GHz Cortex A53) processor, Mali-G71 MP2 graphics and 6GB RAM
- Dual 16MP+8MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- November 2017 expected release date
- 2,799 Chinese Yuan or ~$425 USD price tag
In all fairness, Gionee M7 does share the similar 6.01-inch Full HD AMOLED screen with Fullview display and fingerprint sensor.
But when it comes to the performance, Gionee M7 blazes over with the Helio P30 chipset, a fast octa-core, great graphics and a whopping 6GB RAM. There’s simply nothing that will stop it from its tracks.
Camera-wise, Gionee M7 falls slightly behind although not that far away. It still packs quite a punch with the dual 16MP+8MP primary camera, and the 8MP selfie camera found on this phablet.
Then comes the battery, where the 4000 mAh battery is more than enough to supply enough juice for it to last a full day in between charging.
Oppo R11s seems to be catering well for those who are looking at great specs with a great dual primary camera, excellent protection and a high performance to boot.
Oppo R11s had just been released for 2,999 Chinese Yuan or ~$450 USD and there are three colours for you to choose from Red, Black and Champagne.
As for Gionee M7, it is a beast regarding performance that also comes with a great dual primary camera and an even higher battery. Plus, it is also slightly cheaper in this case.
Gionee M7 is expected to be released very soon in November 2017 for 2,799 Chinese Yuan or ~$425 USD price tag. There’s a lot of colours for you to choose from: Sapphire Blue, Star Blue, Maple Red, Champagne Gold and Black.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany profile: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.