ZTE Axon 9 is set to replace the ageing Axon 7, and it is set to be one of the most sought-after phablet for 2018.
ZTE decided to skip the number 8 and go straight to the number 9. Even though the number 8 is a good number for the Chinese, there must be a reason for doing so.
Anyway, let’s do a quick recap of the Axon 7 that Axon 9 is destined to replace:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels or ~538 ppi pixel density
- All-metal design
- Fingerprint sensor
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset, Dual-core 2.15 GHz & Dual-core 1.6 GHz processor, Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB/6GB RAM
- 20MP primary camera with f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 64GB (for 4GB RAM model) or 128GB (for 6GB RAM model) + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 128GB
- Dolby Atmos
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery with Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 minutes (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- July 2016 release date
- USD 439 price tag
With the Axon 7, it is all about class, beauty, top-of-the-line performance, great sound, great camera and everything else in between.
With a huge shoe to fill, will the Axon 9 have enough to become a worthy successor? Let’s check it out as per below then:
- 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio or ~549 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 chipset, Octa-core Kryo 385 (4x2.8 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) processor, Adreno 630 graphics and 4GB/6GB RAM
- Dual 20MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Dual 13MP secondary camera
- 64GB (for 4GB RAM model) or 128GB/256GB (for 6GB RAM model) + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- Q2 2018 release date
The quick answer is yes, Axon 9 is destined for greatness. Starting with a larger 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen with Fullview display, which means a whole lot more screen real estate to play around with. The metal body is set to make a comeback, do expect a great look and feel on this phablet.
Regarding performance, the Axon 9 will be pure class. With the Snapdragon 845 at its core, coupled with the blazingly fast octa-core Kryo processor, excellent Adreno 630 graphics and either 4GB or 6GB RAM. There won’t be many devices that will have this kind of hardware in 2018, that’s for sure.
The Axon 9 will come with four cameras on it. The dual 20MP primary camera and dual 13MP selfie camera is what you will be getting from this phablet. How about that? This means you can take lots of great-looking photos and selfies, and it may even be one of the best camera smartphones yet.
By getting excited with its camera prowess and snapping away at every moment that passes you by, you will then have to be concerned with its storage. Thankfully, there’s lots of room on the Axon 9. With 64GB of internal storage being the minimum, and up to 256GB; there’s still the expansion slot for adding 256GB to it.
Battery-wise, the 3500 mAh battery that is said to be gracing the Axon 9; there shouldn’t be any issues to power up the smartphone for a full day in between charge. And when the time comes to plug it in, the fast battery charging feature will ensure that it will get up to speed in no time at all.
Finally, the latest Android Oreo 8.0 will be available right out of the box. But in a few months’ time, do expect the newest Android P to make its debut by then.
ZTE Axon 9 will put down a huge marker as it is set to be in the running for one of the flagships for 2018. Everything about it will be amazing, right from its 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen, state-of-the-art hardware, amazing four cameras and many more. The only missing link now is its price.
ZTE Axon 9 is said to be released in Q2 2018, with some saying it will arrive in June. Stay tuned for more updates.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.