Huawei is about to bring out the big guns, and 2018 will kick off with the P20 very soon.
With that in mind, why don’t we first take a trip down memory lane with last year’s P10:
- 5.1-inch Full HD IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~432 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-G71 MP8 graphics and 4GB RAM
- Dual 20MP + 12MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, OIS, Leica optics, phase detection autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 32GB/64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- March 2017 release date
- 649 Euro or ~ USD 679 price tag
It was a flagship of choice by many around the world, especially those who want a smallish smartphone in their hands but packed with amazing power, speed and great camera among other things.
Expected to be launched on March 27th, 2018 alongside the P20 Pro and P20 Lite, the P20 is said to be equipped with the below:
- 5.84-inch Full HD LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2280 pixels or ~432 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset, octa-core processor and 4GB/6GB RAM
- Dual 12MP (f/1.7 aperture, OIS) + 20MP primary camera (f/1.7 aperture), Leica optics, 2x lossless zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus; and dual-LED dual-tone flash
- 24MP secondary camera with autofocus, f/2.0 and 1080p
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Expected March 27th 2018 launch date
One thing for sure, the upcoming P20 bears nothing of the previous P10’s small-sized body. Now with a huge 5.84-inch Full HD LTPS IPS, it will also keep up with the times coming with the Fullview display technology.
In terms of performance, the P20 is expected to be featuring the high-end Kirin 970 chipset, faster octa-core processor and an option to go for 6GB of memory.
Camera-wise, although the dual primary camera setup might be the same with the 20MP-12MP; the P20 will get an upgrade here and there. The biggest upgrade will be on the jump to 24MP selfie camera.
Moving on to the software, the latest Android Nougat 8.0 will be available right out of the box together with its release. This ensures only the best software and the best hardware available, makes for a formidable flagship smartphone.
Huawei P20 will be shedding away the traditional small-sized smartphone and embracing the large-sized territory. With a huge 5.84-inch Full HD LTPS IPS screen to its name, it will feature the best hardware and one of the best camera setups to ensure another year at the top for the Chinese manufacturer.
Huawei P20 is expected to be launched on March 27th 2018, although there’s no information on the price as of now. But if last year’s P10 is any indication, it will be in the range of USD 700 upwards.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.