It has been quite a while since we heard from Lenovo, and the S5 is set to come in a big way. Read on to find out more about it.
To be fair, the last time heard from Lenovo is back in August last year with the release of K8 Note. Let's do a quick throwback as per below:
- 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels or ~401 ppi pixel density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset, Deca-core 2.1 GHz processor, Mali-T880 MP4 graphics and 3GB/4GB RAM
- Dual 13MP+5MP primary camera with f/1.7 aperture, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 13MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 32GB/64GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 256GB
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Dual sim and 4G LTE
- August 2017 release date
- 12,999 Indian Rupee or ~199 USD for 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and 13,999 Indian Rupee or ~219 USD for 4GB RAM + 64GB storage
K8 Note came into the scene a little bit late. But with such amazing specs for a mid-range smartphone, it sure is a Killer Note that provides a great value to customers.
With close to seven months hiatus, Lenovo is now back with the S5.
You will know how far they have come, as we scrutinize it further:
- 5.7-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio or ~424 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Front glass and aluminium body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 chipset, Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 506 graphics and 3GB/4GB RAM
- Dual 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and dual-LED dual-tone flash
- 16MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 128GB
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Dual sim and 4G LTE
- April 2018 expected release date
- 999 Chinese Yuan or ~159 USD for 3GB RAM + 32GB storage,
- 1,199 Chinese Yuan or ~189 USD for 4GB RAM + 64GB storage and 1,499 Chinese Yuan or ~239 for 4GB RAM + 128GB storage
One thing is clear, the S5 is a step-up from last year’s offerings. With a large 5.7-inch Full HD IPS screen being updated with the Fullview display. With an exquisite body that comes with a front glass and aluminium cover, it further enhances the look and feel .
Under the hood of the S5 is of the mid-range department. Here we can find the Snapdragon 625 chipset, a fast octa-core processor, good graphics and an option to go for either 3GB or 4GB RAM. You should be able to run just about anything with little hiccups.
Camera-wise, the S5 comes equipped with a dual 13MP primary camera and 16MP selfie camera combination. Who would have thought that a smartphone with this price can come with this great of a camera combination.
There’s a whole lot of options for the storage; you can opt for either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB of space. Whichever way you choose to go with, there’s still the ability to add up to a maximum of 128GB via the microSD expansion slot.
Concerning battery, the available 3000 mAh battery should do well to power up the S5 for a full day of charge.
Finally, the latest Android Oreo 8.0 will be running out of the box with the S5 upon its release next month.
Lenovo S5 is a start of more good things that we can expect from the Chinese manufacturer in 2018. Time and again, they never disappoint us in coming out with a great value-for-money smartphone. The wait will be over soon, and we can see it becoming the talk of the town when it is released.
Lenovo S5 is expected to be released in April 2018 and will be available for 999 Chinese Yuan or ~159 USD for 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, 1,199 Chinese Yuan or ~189 USD for 4GB RAM + 64GB storage and 1,499 Chinese Yuan or ~239 for 4GB RAM + 128GB storage. It will be available in Midnight Black and Flame Red.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.