If you want to go for a large smartphone with affordable pricing, Micromax Infinity 12 might be suitable for you.
The Indian manufacturer is well-known with its affordable range of smartphone, so why don’t we begin with last year’s Bharat 5 Plus for reference:
- 5.2-inch HD screen with 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio or ~282 ppi density
- Mediatek MT6737 chipset, Quad-core 1.3 GHz and 2GB RAM
- 8MP primary camera with LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera with LED flash
- 16GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 64GB maximum
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- January 2018 release date
- 6,980 Indian Rupee or ~ USD 109 price tag
Bharat 5 Plus is cheap with the USD 109 price tag. Even though it is this cheap, there’s nothing much going on elsewhere. You will be let down by its mediocre hardware and storage limitation, but it makes things up slightly with the huge 5000 mAh battery.
Now then, you can’t have everything going for you while keeping the price low right?
- 6.19-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1500 pixels or ~269 ppi density
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mediatek MT6762V Helio P22 (12 nm) chipset, Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, PowerVR GE8320 graphics and 3GB RAM
- Dual primary camera: 13MP with PDAF + 5MP with depth sensor and LED flash
- 16MP secondary camera with LED flash
- 32GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 128GB maximum
- Android Oreo 8.1
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- December 2018 release data
- 9,999 Indian Rupee or ~ USD 139 price tag
The Infinity 12 features a large 6.19-inch IPS screen but with a lacklustre High Definition resolution, not the usual Full HD.
Guess this is where the cost-cutting measures are being put in.
But that might just be its weakness, because in terms of performance – you can expect it to perform decently with the fast octa-core processor, decent graphics and 3GB RAM combo.
It does even better in the camera department, starting with the dual 13MP+5MP primary camera setup. You get to shoot high-quality images on this camera shooter. Love taking selfies? You will love the 16MP selfie camera with LED flash that can be found on the Infinity 12.
To round it all up, there’s a good 4000 mAh battery capacity on this smartphone. It should have no problem powering up the device for a good day or two in between charging.
Micromax Infinity 12 is first and foremost an affordable smartphone. It comes with a large screen, decent performance, great primary and selfie camera, huge 4000 mAh battery – but at the cost of an HD resolution. If you can look past it, then it should be serving you just fine.
Micromax Infinity 12 is currently available for 9,999 Indian Rupee or ~ USD 139, and you get to choose four colours: Blue Lagoon, Red Velvet, Viola and Black.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.