The increasingly famous Vivo brand from China had just launched their sub-brand iQOO. The birth of Vivo iQOO is epitomized with this flagship of a smartphone that is also affordable.
Let's first compare it with the V11 Pro to know where the iQOO stands in the smartphone arena.
- 6.41-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~402 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Plastic frame and glass body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260) processor, Adreno 512 graphics and 6GB RAM
- 12MP with f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.8" and dual pixel PDAF + 5MP primary camera with f/2.4 aperture and depth sensor
- 25MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture and HDR
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
- Android Oreo 8.1
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- September 2018 release date
- 25,990 Indian Rupee or ~ USD 359 price tag
Now that we have seen what the Vivo V11 Pro has to offer for that kind of price tag let us now turn our attention to the iQOO.
- 6.41-inch Full HD+ AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~402 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Fingerprint sensor (under display)
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) processor, Adreno 640 graphics and 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 12MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF + 13MP (ultrawide) + 2MP, f/2.4, depth sensor, LED flash, HDR and panorama
- 12MP selfie camera with HDR
- 128GB/256GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 44W (50% in 15 minutes and 100% in 45 minutes)
- Android Pie 9.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- March 2019 release date
- 2,998 Chinese Yuan or ~445 USD price tag for 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 3,298 Chinese Yuan or ~490 USD price tag for 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, 3,598 Chinese Yuan or ~535 USD price tag for 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 4,298 Chinese Yuan or ~640 USD price tag for 256GB internal storage + 128GB RAM
The iQOO looks and feels amazing with its 6.41-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen. There’s a notch at the top of the smartphone, which you either like it or you don’t.
To unlock it is as simple as putting your finger on the screen.
Under the hood of the iQOO is the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 855 paired with the very fast Kryo octa-core processor, great Adreno 640 graphics and either 6GB, 8GB or 12GB of memory. You don’t have to worry about performance, be it intensive gaming or multi-tasking.
Next up is the triple camera coming in the form of a 12MP+13MP+2MP setup. It seems that iQOO joins in on the bandwagon, which is very cool indeed. Then there’s the 12MP selfie camera making the package complete.
Battery-wise, the iQOO comes in strongly in this one as well. The 4000 mAh battery is highly capable to last you for a day or two in between charging. And when the time comes to plug it in, it only takes 15 minutes to get it up to 50% of charge, and just 45 minutes to take it all the way up to 100%.
The latest Android Pie 9.0 operating system accompanies the iQOO right out of the box. This means that only the best hardware and software combining to give the best user experience.
The only thing you need to be wary though is on its storage, as there’s no expansion slot that is available on the iQOO. You either go for 128GB or 256GB of space and turn to cloud storage should you need more space.
Vivo iQOO is a great debut for the sub-company, and we can expect many more things to come. Large 6.41-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen, cool fingerprint sensor under the display, flagship Snapdragon 855 performance, amazing triple camera setup, great 4000 mAh battery with very fast charging capability and affordable pricing makes it irresistible.
Vivo iQOO is currently available for 2,998 Chinese Yuan or ~445 USD price tag for the 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, variant 3,298 Chinese Yuan or ~490 USD price tag for the 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM variant, 3,598 Chinese Yuan or ~535 USD price tag for the 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM variant and 4,298 Chinese Yuan or ~640 USD price tag for the 256GB internal storage + 128GB RAM variant. You get to choose either Optic Blue or Lava Orange color.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.