If you have been contemplating to splurge on a smartphone, then you won’t be wrong with the Huawei P30. Read on to find out why.
Before we begin, let’s do a quick throwback at the P20 which was released last year with the below specs:
- 5.84-inch Full HD LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2280 pixels or ~432 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor
- HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-G72 MP12 graphics and 4GB RAM
- Dual 12MP (f/1.7 aperture, OIS) + 20MP primary camera (f/1.7 aperture), Leica optics, 2x lossless zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus; and dual-LED dual-tone flash
- 24MP secondary camera with autofocus, f/2.0 and 1080p
- 128GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Oreo 8.0
- April 2018 release date
- USD 670 price tag
The P20 sheds away the traditional small-sized smartphone and embracing the large-sized territory. With a huge 5.84-inch Full HD LTPS IPS screen to its name and featuring the best hardware and one of the best camera setups makes for an irresistible smartphone.
Now then, what is in store for us with the P30?
- 6.1-inch Full HD+ OLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~422 ppi density
- Dewdrop display
- Metal body
- Fingerprint sensor (under display)
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) processor, Mali-G76 MP10 graphics and 6GB/8GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 40MP with f/1.8 aperture, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7" and PDAF/Laser AF + 16MP with f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide) and PDAF/Laser AF + 8MP with f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4", 3x optical zoom, PDAF/Laser AF, OIS, Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama and HDR
- 32MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture and HDR
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage with microSD expansion slot up to 256GB maximum
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Non-removable Li-Po 3650 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android Pie 9.1
- March 2019 release date
- 799 Euro or ~$899 USD for 6GB RAM+ 128GB internal storage
Right from the beginning, the P30 is off flying off the blocks with its large 6.1-inch Full HD+ OLED screen. It is precisely designed to provide you with a broader and better viewing experience with vibrant colours shining in every way.
It is extremely comfortable to hold with one hand, while the more advanced in-screen fingerprint sensor swiftly unlocks it.
Under the hood of the P30 is the Kirin 980, which is the world's first 7nm mobile process chipset with stronger performance and lower power consumption. This innovative chipset paired with a speedy octa-core processor, great graphics and either 6GB or 8GB RAM makes it a beast performer.
Perhaps the best part of the P30 is on its camera side of things. The Leica Triple Camera System lets you take stunning photographs in its entirety. It is equipped with a 40MP Super Sensing Camera, a 16MP Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, and an 8MP telephoto lens; is the key to the freedom to capture and treasure the beauty of the world. As for its 32MP selfie camera, it will intelligently recognise you to produce expert selfies by contouring your face with perfect brightness and sharpness. Your selfies will glow with stunning detail, even in overexposed backlight or during a night party.
Storage-wise, there’s now an option to go all the way up to 256GB of internal storage. Whichever option you choose, there’s the expansion slot that lets you quickly add up to a maximum of 256GB.
For audio lovers, there’s the Dolby Atmos sound system that lets you enjoy pure class either listening to your favourite songs or to have an immersive viewing.
Finally, the P30 is blessed with a 3650 mAh battery capacity that has no problem to last for a full day of charge.
Huawei P30 is the ultimate flagship device that is currently available out there in the market. Amazing 6.1-inch screen with Dewdrop Display and OLED screen technology, highest-end hardware, amazing triple primary camera setup, excellent 32MP selfie camera, great sound system and a great price to match.
Huawei P30 had just been released for USD 899 and is available in various colours: Aurora, Amber Sunrise, Breathing Crystal, Black, Pearl White.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.