Everything about the latest Samsung Galaxy Fold exudes brilliance, and it is the absolute best that money can buy. Read on to find out more about it.
With nothing coming close to Samsung’s latest offerings, the Galaxy S10+ comes to mind:
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio or ~522 ppi density
- IP68 certified – dust proof and waterproof over 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- Infinity-O display
- Always-on display
- Front glass (Gorilla Glass 6), back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminium frame
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Fingerprint and heart rate sensor
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) processor, Adreno 640 graphics and 8GB/12GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 12MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF and OIS + 12MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6", 1.0µm, AF, OIS and 2x optical zoom + 16MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm, LED flash, auto-HDR and panorama
- Dual selfie camera: 10MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm and Dual Pixel PDAF + 8MP, f/2.2, 22mm (wide), 1.12µm, depth sensor, Dual video call and Auto-HDR
- 128GB/512GB/1TB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 512GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging, Qi wireless charging and Reverse charging
- Dolby Atmos sound system
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- 8th March 2019 expected release date
- $999 USD for 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM or $1,249 USD for 512GB internal storage + 8GB RAM or $1,599 USD for 1TB internal storage + 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S10+ with its 1TB storage + 12GB RAM variant that is called the ‘Ultimate Performance Edition’ is the most expensive of its kind.
Until the Galaxy Fold comes into the picture with the following specs:
- 7.3-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1536 x 2152 pixels or ~362 ppi density
- Cover Display: 4.6-inch Super AMOLED with 720 x 1680 pixels
- Fingerprint (side)
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) processor, Adreno 640 graphics and 12GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 12MP with f/1.5-2.4 aperture, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF and OIS + 12MP with f/2.4 aperture, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6", 1.0µm, AF, OIS and 2x optical zoom + 16MP with f/2.2 aperture, 12mm (ultrawide) and 1.0µm
- Dual selfie camera: 10MP with f/2.2 aperture, 26mm (wide) and 1.22µm + 8MP with f/1.9 aperture, 24mm (wide), 1.22µm and depth sensor
- Cover camera: 10MP with f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm and HDR
- 512GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Po 4380 mAh battery with Fast battery charging, Fast wireless charging and Reverse wireless charging
- Dolby Atmos/AKG sound
- Android Pie 9.0
- Single SIM and 4G LTE
- 26th April 2019 expected release date (postponed to a later date)
- USD 2,000 estimated price tag
Here are we are with one of the most expensive smartphones that money can buy. The novelty of the Galaxy Fold is what most users are looking for on this one.
Is it a tablet? Is it a smartphone? You can call it anything you like, but the fact is that this is genuinely different like any other.
The Galaxy Fold sports a 7.3-inch Quad HD Dynamic AMOLED screen when unfolded, just like a regular tablet would feel like. When it is folded, the cover display now sports a 4.6-inch Super AMOLED. So yes, technically it is a tablet, and a smartphone all rolled into one. The fingerprint scanner is placed along the side where your thumb or index finger naturally lands, so unlocking is as intuitive as picking up your phone. It is an engineering marvel inspired by the precision of watch mechanics, and the hinge delivers symmetrical movement that gently locks in place. It intuitively folds like a book, and as you unfold; the displays work together seamlessly with impressive app continuity.
In terms of performance, expect nothing but the best out of the Galaxy Fold. There’s the Snapdragon 855 chipset paired with a blazingly fast Kryo octa-core processor, the highest Adreno 640 graphics and a whopping 12GB RAM to boot. An advanced processor and the impressive 12GB RAM give you quick and powerful performance for fluid multitasking and gaming with little lag. This beast of a device will stop at nothing at all.
One of the best parts about the Galaxy Fold is the fact that it comes with six cameras. The primary camera allows for you to easily snapshot breathtaking landscapes or zoom in to get up close. Swap between the 16MP Ultra Wide Camera or the 12MP Wide-angle and Telephoto Cameras to broaden or narrow your focus with a tap. Unfold for a display that doubles as a massive camera viewfinder and lets you preview the whole scene as you'll capture it. With its 4.2:3 display ratio, the 7.3-inch main display shows you precisely what Galaxy Fold's 4:3 camera sensor sees.
The dual selfie camera is equipped with advanced human segmentation technology, detects faces and lets you experiment with blur and depth of field to bring out the beauty in your self-portraits. Then choose from a variety of bokeh effects to put a more artistic spin on the photo. When it is folded, the Galaxy Fold's comfortable grip makes it easy to snap a one-handed selfie with the cover's 10MP Selfie Camera. You can also take a rapid fire shot of the scene with the triple rear camera.
Talking about snapping away to your heart’s content, here’s where the 512GB internal storage comes into play. There’s only one option available here, and take note that there’s no option to expand further as there’s no microSD slot here.
With a great sound system to back up the Galaxy Fold, all your songs and movies will sound very nice and music to the ears.
Battery-wise, the 4380 mAh battery has no problem keeping up the pace for a full day of charge. The revolutionary dual cell battery works as one, using power and recharging in a way that prevents overcharging. While the Intelligent Adaptive Power Saving Mode learns your usage patterns to manage battery life. It can charge other devices for fun.
Samsung Galaxy Fold is a device unlike any before us. It doesn't just define a new category, and it defies category. Expect nothing less with this super phablet and smartphone of the future.
Samsung Galaxy Fold is said to be released by April 2019, but there seems to be a slight delay for now. There were reports from users who said that the foldable feature went wrong somewhere, and Samsung is working hard to rectify this matter. Anyways, once it is resolved, expect to pay to the tune of USD 2,000 to grab hold of this masterpiece. Four colours will be available, namely Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green and Astro Blue.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.