Who says that a mid-range smartphone can’t have all the good things in life? We will see how Lenovo Z6 is attempting to cater to the masses with its amazing features.
But before we begin, allow us to share the about the Z5. It was about a year ago that it hit the streets, as you can see from the below:
- 6.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio or ~402 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Front/rear glass and aluminium frame
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 chipset, Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 processor, Adreno 509 graphics and 6GB RAM
- Dual 16MP + 8MP primary camera with PDAF and dual-LED dual-tone flash
- 8MP secondary camera
- 64GB/128GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- Dual sim and 4G LTE
- June 2018 release date
- 1,299 Chinese Yuan or ~195 USD for 64GB internal storage + 1,799 Chinese Yuan or ~270 USD for 128GB internal storage
Lenovo Z5 positions itself as a great mid-range smartphone with great value for money all around it. Its performance is top-notch for its price tag, has a great body to boot and dual 16MP+8MP primary camera.
That was a year ago, and we shall see how the Z6 is now coming of age one year later:
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~403 ppi density
- DCI-P3, HDR10 and 120 Hz display
- Fullview display
- Fingerprint sensor (under display)
- Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm) chipset, Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver) processor, Adreno 618 graphics and 6GB/8GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 24MP with f/1.8 aperture, (wide), 1/2.8", 0.9µm and PDAF + 8MP with f/2.4 aperture, (telephoto), PDAF and 2x optical zoom + 5MP with f/2.2 aperture, depth sensor, Dual-LED flash, panorama and HDR
- 16MP selfie camera with HDR
- 64GB/128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 1TB maximum
- Android Pie 9.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Dual sim and 4G LTE
- July 9th 2019 release date
- 1,899 Chinese Yuan or ~459 USD for 64GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 2,099 Chinese Yuan or ~505 USD for 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM and 2,499 Chinese Yuan or ~605 USD for 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM
A quick glance through on the Z6 and you can find how much it has improved over the last year or so over its predecessor.
Starting with a larger 6.39-inch SUPER AMOLED screen that now comes with DCI-P3, HDR 10 and 120 Hz display. It is like watching movie inside a cinema, so smooth and so fluid that you will be mesmerized by it. Then there’s the Gorilla Glass protection to protect the smartphone against any harm that might go its way.
In terms of performance, the Z6 belongs somewhere in the middle of things. Here you can find it equipped with the Snapdragon 730 chipset with a fast Kryo octa-core processor, good graphics and either 6GB or 8GB RAM. Fast enough for your daily dose of apps and games of the usual kind.
Moving on to the camera side of things, we can find the Z6 blessed with a triple primary camera setup. A 24MP+8MP+5MP camera will provide great attention to details, and some of the most amazing details that you will find on a smartphone. A 16MP selfie camera with HDR feature than completes the package.
By taking lots and lots of photos, the next thing that you will be worried about will be on the storage. Thankfully, whether you choose to go with 64GB or 128GB of storage, you can always add up to an additional 1TB via the microSD expansion slot.
Battery-wise, the Z6 comes with a larger 4000 mAh battery which should have no problem powering up the smartphone for a day or two.
What a difference a year makes in the smartphone world. Lenovo Z6 has improved leaps and bounds by offering everything we want, and so much more.
Lenovo Z6 is slated for a July 9th release and comes with a price tag of 1,899 Chinese Yuan or ~459 USD for the 64GB internal storage + 6GB RAM variant, 2,099 Chinese Yuan or ~505 USD for the 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM variant and 2,499 Chinese Yuan or ~605 USD for the 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM variant. Blue is the only colour of choice, though.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.