‘Defy The Ordinary’ is befitting the Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL, the latest flagship to hit the streets in 2019. But what makes it different from the rest? Read on to find out more about it.
But before we begin, let us do a quick throwback to last year’s offering called the Zenfone 5z ZS620KL as per below:
- 6.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio or ~402 ppi density
- Fullview display
- Front glass with an aluminium body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) processor, Adreno 630 and 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Dual: 12MP (f/1.8 aperture, 24mm, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, PDAF) + 8MP primary camera (f/2.0 aperture, 12mm, 1/4", 1.12µm), phase detection autofocus, gyro EIS and dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8MP secondary camera with (f/2.0 aperture, 24mm, 1/4", 1.12µm), gyro EIS and 1080p
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 400GB maximum
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- June 2018 release date
- 479 Euro or ~ USD 589 price tag
Asus Zenfone 5z ZS620KL belonged up there in the flagship space back in 2018. What is in store for us in 2019?
Without further ado, let’s now turn our attention to the Zenfone 6 ZS630KL for a change:
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~403 ppi density
- DCI-P3 100% and HDR10 display
- NanoEdge Display
- Front glass (Gorilla Glass 6), back glass (Gorilla Glass), aluminium frame
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset, Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) processor, Adreno 640 graphics and 6GB/8GB RAM
- Dual primary camera: 48MP with f/1.8 aperture, 26mm (wide), 1/2", 0.8µm and Laser/PDAF + 13MP with f/2.4 aperture, 11mm (ultrawide), Dual-LED flash, HDR and auto panorama (motorized rotation)
- Motorized flip-up main camera module selfie camera
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 1TB maximum
- Android Pie 9.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0)
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- May 2019 release date
- $499 Euro or ~$559 USD price tag for 64GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, $559 Euro or ~$629 USD price tag for 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM and $599 Euro or ~$669 USD price tag for 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM
As we go through the specs, we can see how far the Zenfone 6 ZS630KL has come since its predecessor, almost one year ahead now. Almost everything gets an upgrade here and there on this amazing flagship.
Starting with a slightly larger 6.4-inch screen size, higher screen ratio means that more pixels are available and the sharper it gets.
Featuring an all-screen NanoEdge display, no space is wasted. It features a cinema-grade 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, which displays everything in vivid and lifelike colour. It also feels and look more substantial, thanks to the sturdy frame and is also inherently good looking. Then there’s the Gorilla Glass 6 protection that you will surely need when the time comes.
Under the hood of the Zenfone 6 ZS630KL is the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 855 chipset paired with a high-speed Kryo octa-core processor, great graphics and either 6GB or 8GB RAM. This means that it will blaze through everything that you throw at it, and still have some more left in the tank.
Camera-wise, the 48MP+13MP dual primary camera seems like nothing out of extraordinary. But when you realise that the selfie camera flips up from the main primary camera – now you are talking about something unusual. This means that your selfie camera is also the same 48MP+13MP camera as your primary camera. How cool is that?
In terms of storage, you get to choose either 64GB, 128GB or 256GB as your choice depending on budget; but now you can add up to a maximum of 1TB of extra space via the expansion slot. Who would have thought the day has come for a smartphone to have this big of an area, right?
Finally, the Zenfone 6 ZS630KL comes with a huge 5000 mAh battery and Quick Charge 4.0 feature. Not only that it can last further, but it is also now charging faster than ever before.
Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL comes with a price, but not to the extent of having to break the bank. All said and done, this flagship delivers real value for money, and it defies the ordinary.
Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL had just been released for 499 Euro or ~ USD 559 price tag for the 64GB internal storage + 6GB RAM variant, $559 Euro or ~$629 USD price tag for the 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM variant and $599 Euro or ~$669 USD price tag for the 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM variant. Two stunningly beautiful colours are available: Midnight Black and Twilight Silver.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.