The latest trends in a smartphone are the triple camera and pop-up selfie camera, a little bit rare to have them both fitted together on a device. Huawei Y9 Prime did it and sported an affordable price tag to its name.
It has been a while since the Y-series by Huawei made it to the scene, with the Y9 coming out almost two years ago as you can see below:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels or ~267 ppi pixel density
- Metal body
- 2.5D curved glass
- Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 chipset, Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 505 graphics and 2GB RAM
- 12MP primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 8MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 16GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 128GB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Android Nougat 7.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- July 2017 release date
- USD 245 price tag
Huawei Y7 back then belongs to the entry-level segment but with a mid-range price. With sales of the smartphone not doing so well, no wonder it took them a long time to come out with its replacement.
Well, here we are now with the Y9 Prime, a good two years later. Is the wait worth it? Check it out for yourself:
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio or ~391 ppi density
- Front glass, plastic back
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm) chipset, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-G51 MP4 graphics and 4GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 16MP with f/1.8 aperture, (wide) and PDAF + 8MP with (ultrawide) + 2MP with f/2.4 aperture, depth sensor, LED flash, HDR and panorama
- 16MP motorised pop-up selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 64GB/128 internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to 1TB maximum
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Android Pie 9.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- August 2019 release date
- 15,990 Indian Rupees or ~ USD 225 price tag
The wait is worth it, as the Y9 Prime updates itself to the needs of current users.
Starting with a large 6.59-inch Full HD+ LTPS IPS screen, it delivers an ultra-wide horizon with zero notches. Experience limitless fun while watching videos, playing games or reading e-books, all on an almost bezel-less display.
Performance-wise, the Y9 Prime belongs in the mid-range segment with the Kirin 710F chipset paired with a fast octa-core processor, excellent graphics and 4GB RAM. It should have no problem running most apps and games that you can find out there in the market. Even then, the smartphone efficiently enhances the running speed and lowers power consumption. Your phone runs smoothly even if you are playing graphics-intensive games and live- streaming.
As for the camera, this is where the fun begins. Sporting a 16MP+8MP+2MP triple primary camera with all the bells and whistles ensures that you can capture everything in its most exquisite details. Supported by the AI algorithm, the phone can recognise 22 categories and 500+ scenes in real-time. It can analyse and optimise the views intelligently so that each shot will be more accurate and vivid. With an extra glass lens equipped on the camera, the 6P lens effectively gathers the light to enhance the resolution and contrast to show better images.
We are just getting started, then comes the 16MP selfie camera that pops up in 1-second when you take selfies and retracts when done. The camera is always available and ready to serve you whenever you call it. But what about the quality? It offers real-time image optimising in 8 scenes and will intelligently adjust the retouching intensity. With 3D Portrait feature, both the front and rear cameras can retouch your portrait with studio-quality lighting effects to make you look your best in every situation.
As you're snapping at those photos, the Y9 Prime does have sufficient storage in the form of 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. Need more space? It can take in an additional 1TB via the microSD expansion slot, that settles everything.
The built-in 4,000 mAh powerful battery works with the smart power-saving processor to greatly increase the device’s overall power efficiency. You can expect one or two days of battery life to supplement your busy lifestyle.
It might take Huawei Y9 Prime a long time to come in as a successor, but it has everything you need for in the current market. Large 6.5-inch screen with LTPS IPS technology, good mid-range performance, triple primary camera setup, motorized pop-up 16MP selfie camera, large battery to boot and a decent price makes for an irresistible combination.
Huawei Y9 Prime has just been released for 15,990 Indian Rupees or ~ USD 225 and is available in Emerald Green, Midnight Black and Sapphire Blue colours.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.