Who here still remember the days of a foldable device back in the good old days? It is more a flip phone, to be exact. With the release of Motorola Razr 2019, will it signal the return of foldable smartphone. Maybe not yet, as the price tag of 1,500 USD is too pricey.
It was not all like this for Motorola though, as their recent endeavor is the One Action smartphone which was released just a few months ago:
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- 21:9 CinemaVision
- Splash resistant
- Front glass, plastic body
- Fingerprint sensor
- Exynos 9609 chipset, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53) processor, Mali-G72 MP3 graphics and 4GB RAM
- Triple primary camera: 12MP with f/1.8 aperture, 26mm (wide), 1.25µm and PDAF + 16MP with f/2.2 aperture, 14mm (ultrawide) and dedicated video camera (1080p) + 5MP with depth sensor, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR and panorama
- 12MP selfie camera with 26mm (wide), f/2.0, 1.25µm and HDR
- 128GB internal storage + microSD expansion slot up to maximum 512GB
- Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Dolby Audio sound system
- Android One, Pie 9.0
- Dual-sim and 4G LTE
- August 2019 release date
- 249 Euro or ~275 USD price tag
One Action supports your extreme adventure like no other. All the features you need from a typical mid-range smartphone and more, and the GoPro-like feature so you can enjoy your active lifestyle and all the moments that come along with it.
Then out of the blue, the Razr 2019 comes into full swing, which blows everyone over:
- 6.2-inch Foldable P-OLED capacitive touchscreen with 876 x 2142 pixels or ~373 ppi density
- 2.7-inch Second external G-OLED display with 600 x 800 pixels
- Fingerprint sensor (under screen)
- Splash proof
- Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) chipset, Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) processor, Adreno 616 graphics and 6GB RAM
- Dual primary camera: 16MP with f/1.7 aperture, 1.22um and Dual Pixel PDAF + TOF 3D camera with Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR and panorama
- 5MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um and HDR
- 128GB internal storage with no microSD expansion slot
- Non-removable Li-Po 2510 mAh battery with Fast battery charging
- Android One, Pie 9.0
- eSim and 4G LTE
- December 2019 expected release date
- 1,500 USD estimated price tag
For starters, the Razr 2019 will be sporting a 6.2-inch foldable P-OLED screen when fully unfolded with a 2.7-inch external G-OLED screen when it is unfolded. Featuring a fingerprint sensor on display, you can easily unlock the smartphone. Plus, the splash-proof feature comes into handy when you come into contact with water or when it is the rainy season.
Under the hood of the Razr 2019 will be something in the mid-range category, with the Snapdragon 710 chipset paired with a fast octa-core processor, excellent graphics and 6GB RAM. This ensures it has enough firepower to run most apps and games that are out there in the market.
One of the few sacrifices that the Razr 2019 has to make is on its camera side of things.
When everyone else is coming out with three or four cameras, it has to make do with just two primary cameras. Then there’s the 5MP selfie camera that makes the package complete.
Storage-wise, the Razr 2019 will be blessed with 128GB of internal storage. Although there’s no expansion slot available; it should be just fine. You can always turn to cloud storage, should you need more space.
Another one of its limitations is on its battery capacity. What can you do with just a 2510 mAh battery to power you up through the day? It is not for those who are a heavy user, for sure.
Motorola Razr 2019 introduces the folding aspect of a smartphone with great effect. And that’s just about everything cool about it. If you must have it, then prepare to make a lot of sacrifices.
Motorola Razr 2019 is expected to be released in December 2019 for a cool 1,500 USD price tag. It will only be available in Noir Black colour.
Category: Team WhaTechCompany about: Tech junkie by profession and passionate about anything from the digital world, movies, games and reading. He loves writing and hopes you enjoy his writing as much as he does. Eza, is also known as Don in the virtual world, but don’t him me wrong, he's not a mafia type he's really a nice chap and a devout family guy.