Home networks have been gaining so much prominence for the past decade that there’s hardly any house without any WiFi unit. Printers, laptops, game systems, computers, mobile devices, almost all of our devices need internet access to work. This makes your home network an essential part of all your routine tasks.
The best part is that manufacturers have modernized home network units to bring flexibility to the setup process. This makes these units suitable for all types of home users.
Interestingly, these devices can establish connections with your home network in two different ways:
Most smart devices need a wireless connection to access your home WiFi network. This helps you connect multiple devices with the internet at the same time.
During new Netgear extender setup , many models let users connect with the cable modem and router with an Ethernet cable.
Why do you need a home network?
Home networks can be important for any reason. Look at some of them below:
- They help you to establish a direct connection with the internet.
- You can choose between wired and wireless devices to access the internet.
- Multiple devices can run simultaneously on the same WiFi network.
- You can safely access your data saved on multiple smart devices connected with the WiFi.
- It’s easy to manage, monitor, and repair any kind of security setting on your networking device.
Modern technological era has made web tasks way easier. All thanks to different WiFi units! There are routers and WiFi extenders that let you make the most of your internet experience. Most of them are wireless which means you don’t have to get into the mess of using cables to use the internet on your computer or game console.
Among all of these, Netgear range extenders are pretty significant and new to most users. These devices are meant to expand the coverage of WiFi networks so that you can use the web from even those areas of your house that previously couldn’t have any network signals. The best thing is you can easily perform the setup process on your own.
You just need to take care of a few things to use the device to its utmost. First, keep the extender close to both the main router and the dead zone where you need to send your WiFi signals. Second, it’s a good idea to activate add-on features such as guest access and parental control. Only make sure you don’t share your password with anyone. Your password must be complicated to guess by others yet easy to remember by you.
Besides, never set up the extender under a public WiFi network. This puts data security in danger. Also, keep the firmware of your range extender updated all the time.
How to set up a Netgear range extender?
All done! Let’s see how you can perform a Netgear extender setup.
- Turn on your range extender after plugging the device into a power outlet
- Use the one end of Ethernet cable to connect with your computer and the other end with the range extender
- Open a web browser in your computer and enter into mywifiext net
- Click on New Extender Setup
- Provide your default login credentials and click Next
- Select the router with which you want to establish a connection of the range extender
- Provide your WiFi password and click Next
- Click Continue
You might need some expert help while configuring the SSID of your WiFi booster. Also, sometimes, WiFi network also drops for various reasons during the installation. In that event, it’s a good idea to consult a professional agency to help you troubleshoot these errors and make the setup process a lot easier and faster.
Category: Mobile App DevelopersCompany about: The Company has got a lot under its wings and has extended its client service portfolio at the velocity of knots ever since its advent in 2005 to offer high-caliber and highly dependable digital marketing solutions, mobile application development services, customer support processes, and a lot more.